+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One of the Glassboys training with us

One of the Glassboys training with us

I knew Dan's dad, Ian, quite well, worked with him for many years. His was quite a good goalkeeper in his day before becoming a linesman. Hes quite proud of his lad.

I've watched Dan Scarr play for Stour many times over the last two seasons and once again on Saturday at Wycombe he was our best player.

He's a great player at non league level and he has all the attributes needed to make it in the professional game but like anybody he'd need a lot of luck to go his way as well.

Certainly he could step straight into a Walsall side and he'd need to be loaned out to gain experience but it's a no brainer to give lads like him a chance.

He's a personal trainer and thus a very fit lad so I'd guess he earns well at the moment so a move into the professional game might not suit him financially.

He's the sort of wholehearted player Pulis loves and I guess that Jonathan Gould our goalkeeping coach and dad of Stour keeper Matt Gould may be instrumental in Scarr bring trialed at Albion.

Good luck to the lad.