+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brave Jerry Yates…..how a centre forward should perform…..

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Doesn't matter if he was born on Mars, he's come through our academy so he's one of our own ��
    Go on then I'll tek that….

Are you sure he's out of contract ?

I was told he was out of contract in June 2018.
    Well done Jerry, more of the same for the rest of the season.
    It's no secret I prefer to play the younger players with a couple of older pro's in to add experience.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend, well deserved.

Well done young Yates.

I love to see the young uns coming through and doing well. Are there any more in the pipeline?

Yes Nez there are others coming through from the Academy.
    Fabian Bailey is a hard working defender, he has been with us since being in the U13. Fabian was on the bench against Norwich, probably due to our lack of numbers and lack of recruitment.
    Tom Rose another defender, Warren Mason out on loan, Darnell Bailey -King a winger midfielder, Kuda Muskwe a tall striker. My opinion is they're not quite ready for the 1st team. Matt Hamshaw has done a good job with the Academy.
    Still think Jerry is contracted to June 2018.
    Edit : If Matt Hamshaw had his way all the youngsters would be brought through in the future.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 15-01-2017 at 08:14 AM.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footb...ty-1-1-8335232

2MINS Video of highlights just to show how good Jerry can finish when necessary.

Many thanks Casper64.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    'One of our own?' Born in Doncaster…..
    Offer that contract asap

I was saying give Jerry Yates a run last season. He worked his socks off sat'. But will be a different story at Newcastle. His he another Will Hoskins? On his own away from home is a big ask. Either D Ward or another playing on the left needed.

But keep that same formation together with Adeyemi, Vaulks & Smallwood in the engine room.
    Last edited by gwru; 16-01-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Hopefully gwru Danny Ward will still be here & back to full fitness. Yates should have been tried much earlier in the season.
    Btw gwru why don't you like Matt Hamshaw ? Is it because he used to play for Wednesday's ?
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 16-01-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Hopefully gwru Danny Ward will still be here & back to full fitness. Yates should have been tried much earlier in the season.
    Btw gwru why don't you like Matt Hamshaw ? Is it because he used to play for Wednesday's ?
    Nothing against Matt Hamshaw. He's doing a good job with the youth players. Just our management, coaches ect... seem to nice. Like someone who puts the fear of god into the officials. Although I've said what is the point of the 4th official.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast