+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you know what?

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Shame you never had any coaching Mike you may have ended playing professionally instead of the back of the park
    Which teams did you play for as I assume we will remember this dashing, goal scoring right half !
    My manager of my team said he thought I could go a further in the game but that is beside the point..The point being there was and is still (maybe not as many as there used to be)thousands of kids, ****agers and even later playing this great game of football in local amateur leagues across the UK and the world, all to varying standards depending on age, ability, physique, determination, fitness and enthusiasm. And not a coach or coaching manual in sight. We were Championship, L1 and now L2 where Chester beat us easily pre season...OK one off maybe but people say the standard of the National League is not much different to L2...I don't know but the players in the PL and elsewhere across the world are not there because of coaching because IF it were, then everyone would be a similar standard and so its obvious what makes the difference. I'm not telling whom I played for because I have great affection still for the two or three teams I played for...and don't want them denigrated by people who were not around or even if they were!

Of course anyone under 50 say, will have no idea of what standard of football was around in the 'old days' and are brought up thinking that 'coaching' is the answer and the ones who are employed in that business won't disagree will they but I just say look at the evidence we have now in the UK with the England team and the PL and how much is being spent on academies in the UK nowadays...5 million per PL team? 2 million CC, over 1 million the ones like us and so that is way over a hundred million pounds PER year and so maybe when some really talented kids come through it may seem worthwhile but it won't be because of 'coaching' its because they had natural ability..It why we may have many lean years and some good ones because that was true then as it is now...

Its why the Category of academy has NO bearing on who comes through...and why its pointless spending millions on kids that won't make it? We can see that even now here..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    My manager of my team said he thought I could go a further in the game but that is beside the point..The point being there was and is still (maybe not as many as there used to be)thousands of kids, ****agers and even later playing this great game of football in local amateur leagues across the UK and the world, all to varying standards depending on age, ability, physique, determination, fitness and enthusiasm. And not a coach or coaching manual in sight. We were Championship, L1 and now L2 where Chester beat us easily pre season...OK one off maybe but people say the standard of the National League is not much different to L2...I don't know but the players in the PL and elsewhere across the world are not there because of coaching because IF it were, then everyone would be a similar standard and so its obvious what makes the difference. I'm not telling whom I played for because I have great affection still for the two or three teams I played for...and don't want them denigrated by people who were not around or even if they were!

Of course anyone under 50 say, will have no idea of what standard of football was around in the 'old days' and are brought up thinking that 'coaching' is the answer and the ones who are employed in that business won't disagree will they but I just say look at the evidence we have now in the UK with the England team and the PL and how much is being spent on academies in the UK nowadays...5 million per PL team? 2 million CC, over 1 million the ones like us and so that is way over a hundred million pounds PER year and so maybe when some really talented kids come through it may seem worthwhile but it won't be because of 'coaching' its because they had natural ability..It why we may have many lean years and some good ones because that was true then as it is now...

Its why the Category of academy has NO bearing on who comes through...and why its pointless spending millions on kids that won't make it? We can see that even now here..
    EVERY THREAD!!!!
    I can't figure out if you're a troll, an idiot or just completely focused on some sort of bizarre coach holocaust!

You didn't even listen to the coach who told you could go further in the game!!

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    EVERY THREAD!!!!
    I can't figure out if you're a troll, an idiot or just completely focused on some sort of bizarre coach holocaust!

You didn't even listen to the coach who told you could go further in the game!!
    No, YOU are the idiot...plain as..I doubt you could figure anything out for yourself!

You can't even read. I never mentioned I had a 'Coach' just a manager of the team who never told anyone how they needed to play.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    No, YOU are the idiot...plain as..I doubt you could figure anything out for yourself!

You can't even read. I never mentioned I had a 'Coach' just a manager of the team who never told anyone how they needed to play.
    He sounds like a great manager

Strange you won't mention the teams you played for, sounds as if you are ashamed of them or they didn't exist.
    I played around the same time as you I believe and there were some very good local teams still held in awe and was hoping you had played for one of them. I doubt if anyone on here would remember them that they could possibly denigrate those teams

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Strange you won't mention the teams you played for, sounds as if you are ashamed of them or they didn't exist.
    I played around the same time as you I believe and there were some very good local teams still held in awe and was hoping you had played for one of them. I doubt if anyone on here would remember them that they could possibly denigrate those teams
    Well it can't be too hard to figure out which team he played for, it was the one where the manager didn't tell any one how to play. So, was there a team that played with a goalkeeper upfront, two left wingers and no defence?

If there was, that was Mikes team.

It is deja vu all over again! I am dizzy from the endless circular debate on the Academy coaching. There is an issue concerning the Board seemingly content for the Academy structure to roll on each season without any review or changes. I am not here to judge on the benefits of coaching, but I am interested in whether or not the number of coaches and other staff at the Academy is justified. At times, it has looked like the Academy has been used as a job creation scheme for ex-Crewe players. While I appreciate that the ex-players know the Crewe way, it strikes me that there is no fresh perspective injected into the mix. I am all in favour of supporting our ex-players as they seek to find a job in football once their playing days are over, but where is the change required to keep up with modern football?

Incidentally, if Collins has been offered the post of Head of the Academy, is he replacing Dario?

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    It is deja vu all over again! I am dizzy from the endless circular debate on the Academy coaching. There is an issue concerning the Board seemingly content for the Academy structure to roll on each season without any review or changes. I am not here to judge on the benefits of coaching, but I am interested in whether or not the number of coaches and other staff at the Academy is justified. At times, it has looked like the Academy has been used as a job creation scheme for ex-Crewe players. While I appreciate that the ex-players know the Crewe way, it strikes me that there is no fresh perspective injected into the mix. I am all in favour of supporting our ex-players as they seek to find a job in football once their playing days are over, but where is the change required to keep up with modern football?

Incidentally, if Collins has been offered the post of Head of the Academy, is he replacing Dario?
    No - Dave Artell!!

Wasn't DA 'Head of Academy Operations'

Exactly! What post does Dario hold at the Academy? Perhaps he holds no specific post, but who is Collins replacing? Has a post been created for Collins in the hope that he does not want out and a redundancy cheque?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast