+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you know what?

Do you know what?

Is sh.. about this forum? 4 hours after the first game of a new regime, and no posts. Not one! Why?
    So, what did I like?
    More commitment
    More closing down
    Better throw ins already
    1-2 down v ten men and we take off a defender.
    Probably our best centre back combination
    And the same.
    Kiwomya still a passenger, apart from the assist.
    Garrat needing a rest
    Cooper inconsistent
    Now waiting for 50-100 views and 3 replies.

Thanks Jimmy
    I wondered if anyone had seen the game!

Half way through MOTD and 2 hours after original post. 1 reply and 112 voyeurs.

cos the sites full of adverts.

posts become personal

its taken me ages to log back in, ive lost the will to post.

g ray - wheres he been.

their second goal was clearly over the dead ball line -I sit at the railway end looking along the line.

at least we looked like we were playing as a team

onward and upward

What's the point

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell View Post
    cos the sites full of adverts.

posts become personal

its taken me ages to log back in, ive lost the will to post.

g ray - wheres he been.

their second goal was clearly over the dead ball line -I sit at the railway end looking along the line.

at least we looked like we were playing as a team

onward and upward
    Goals win games so what's the point of playing Cooper,Saunders, Kirk,Ainley,between them have scored ONE Goal since November that's the Academy for you they could not cope in Lee One they can't cope it the Lge 2 next Step? Coming closer.

A lot better yesterday but we do need another striker in maybe two good decision to drop HD and bring Ray in. I believe Harry Davis has asked for a loan move?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Is sh.. about this forum? 4 hours after the first game of a new regime, and no posts. Not one! Why?

Please don't judge a club's level of support from the contributions on one forum.
    Please don't get yourself worked up by it.
    There would have been plenty of chat pre and post-match in homes, pubs and clubs and no doubt other forms of social media too.

As for the game, astounding that we managed to typify what Crewe have done for years, not just this season, not just in SD's reign - i.e.: always vulnerable in 45th and 90th minute (often concede), and, Gillingham apart in 2012, have in my experience always been one of the worst at playing against 10 men.
    Can't blame DA, or SD, for that - it's almost cultural.

Could not attend the game and would certainly be a voyeur if the comments were strictly about yesterday's game. Artell has said 2-3 players could be moved out and I did wonder whether the team selection indicated that Dagnall and Davis would be two of the candidates. Hollands and Bingham were my other candidates. Bingham is never fit and Hollands has not done as well as I thought he might. Chesterfield and Walsall were reportedly interested in Davis during the summer. He is a decent player, but has been a regular in a defence that has shipped goals galore. I think that this is a golden opportunity for Ray to play to his undoubted quality and cut out the unforced errors. Also, when is Saunders going to be given the opportunity to prove he is up to scratch as a first team player? Once again, we could only score one goal. Are Saunders and Udoh the answer? We will have no real idea unless they are given the opportunity.
    Last edited by Furberstreet; 15-01-2017 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Forgot a point

Point taken Jimmy I look at the threads frequently and get quite disappointed when there is nothing new to read. Overall I enjoyed the game yesterday but obviously not the result.
    Garratt having a really dodgy spell. The problem I see is have we got an alternative,whenever I read the reports on the academy games (not seen live), Richards has seemed to be at fault for quite a few goals. Can anyone tell me otherwise.
    Turton physically not strong enough and crosses come in far to easily from that side.
    Ray, would he have played if Davis had been fit, thought that was the best I have seen him play and no glaring mistakes.
    Guthrie I thought had a good game, is improving all the time, but after seeing their goals again this morning I think was left wanting a bit and will be disappointed with himself.
    Bakayogo fine.
    A K frustrates, obvious ability and pace. Drifts in and out of games with no physical presence
    Hollands on his day did what he can do. Not sure whether that is enough.
    Jones worked hard OK
    Cooper saw a lot of the ball, we need somebody more physical to get on the end of his crosses.
    Kirk I thought got frustrated with himself and very quickly lost his confidence.
    Lowey had a thankless task on his own and did what he does best putting his chance away.
    Artell and Lunt visably seemed to be doing the right things with plenty of discussion.
    All for bringing on the subs but we seemed to lose a definite set up pattern and it was all a bit disjointed from there on in.
    With either Davis or Artell I don't think that we are a million miles away, I think that the next couple of weeks are massive re. new personnel. Some difficult decisions, before yesterday I would have said get George Ray out on loan but now I have changed my mind, who'd be a manager!
    Thoughts and has anybody heard any gossip which should be what this forum is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    Point taken Jimmy I look at the threads frequently and get quite disappointed when there is nothing new to read. Overall I enjoyed the game yesterday but obviously not the result.
    Garratt having a really dodgy spell. The problem I see is have we got an alternative,whenever I read the reports on the academy games (not seen live), Richards has seemed to be at fault for quite a few goals. Can anyone tell me otherwise.
    Turton physically not strong enough and crosses come in far to easily from that side.
    Ray, would he have played if Davis had been fit, thought that was the best I have seen him play and no glaring mistakes.
    Guthrie I thought had a good game, is improving all the time, but after seeing their goals again this morning I think was left wanting a bit and will be disappointed with himself.
    Bakayogo fine.
    A K frustrates, obvious ability and pace. Drifts in and out of games with no physical presence
    Hollands on his day did what he can do. Not sure whether that is enough.
    Jones worked hard OK
    Cooper saw a lot of the ball, we need somebody more physical to get on the end of his crosses.
    Kirk I thought got frustrated with himself and very quickly lost his confidence.
    Lowey had a thankless task on his own and did what he does best putting his chance away.
    Artell and Lunt visably seemed to be doing the right things with plenty of discussion.
    All for bringing on the subs but we seemed to lose a definite set up pattern and it was all a bit disjointed from there on in.
    With either Davis or Artell I don't think that we are a million miles away, I think that the next couple of weeks are massive re. new personnel. Some difficult decisions, before yesterday I would have said get George Ray out on loan but now I have changed my mind, who'd be a manager!
    Thoughts and has anybody heard any gossip which should be what this forum is all about.
    Mainly agree with the above but thought Turton was good and strong
    I don't know what they have done to AK, have they told him to not use his pace but defend more and not try take players on?

As usual no loan players brought in, whilst other clubs are. We will end up with someone no one else wants because they are cheap.
    DA as the same problems as SD, won't be allowed to bring in any one he wants because of the cost.
    Unless the directors give some more money we are no further forward

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast