+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Utterly inevitable

If a former international defender didn't make a schoolboy error in the 89th minute we'd have gotten the draw virtually everyone would have taken at the start.

Not saying we don't have a tonne of stuff to regret or seriously consider going ahead but suggesting we were anything other than close to getting a decent result yesterday - regardless of how we got there - is blatantly nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    If a former international defender didn't make a schoolboy error in the 89th minute we'd have gotten the draw virtually everyone would have taken at the start.

Not saying we don't have a tonne of stuff to regret or seriously consider going ahead but suggesting we were anything other than close to getting a decent result yesterday - regardless of how we got there - is blatantly nonsense.
    and what difference does being close to getting a result make ... what do all of the following have in common

unlucky we lost
    we were close to getting a result
    brave losers
    if xxxx hadnt done that we wouldnt have lost
    if player xxxx had been playing we might not have lost

the common thread is LOSERS again it doesnt matter a fpuck how we consistently achieve these fpuck ups

Quote Originally Posted by steviex View Post
    and what difference does being close to getting a result make ... what do all of the following have in common

unlucky we lost
    we were close to getting a result
    brave losers
    if xxxx hadnt done that we wouldnt have lost
    if player xxxx had been playing we might not have lost

the common thread is LOSERS again it doesnt matter a fpuck how we consistently achieve these fpuck ups
    If you're discussing the WORST TACTICS EVER and McGhee being a DISGRACEFUL BOTTLING CELTIC MERCHANT or whatever, the fact his tactics came within six minutes and one hideous individual mistake of a positive result seems pretty relevant context to the conversation.

As I said earlier, we lost so McGhee fully deserves to be questioned and I also think we'd have been better fared by being a bit bolder a bit sooner in the game...but a bit of perspective for those carrying the pitchforks and burning torches doesn't go amiss either.

Clearly, we are all gutted by the result. Another failure in the Cup. I do not blame MM because with six minutes to go the tactics were working. Kenny Miller scored a very good goal - fair enough, that's what he does. For the loss I blame McManus for a schoolboy error - a guy that has never convinced me that he plays for our jersey. I think that in his head he still sees himself as captain of Celtic/Scotland but he is playing for Motherwell so does not need to show the same desire or focus. Our manager was gutted by the loss - I cannot think of another interview when I have seen a manager so down - completely and utterly gutted, like the fans. And McManus is to blame.

McManus may be to blame for the second goal but he was far from being the lone player to blame.The pass he was given was a disgrace as the player who made it could have either "horsed" it out the park or played it back to Samson to clear up field.IMO McGhee must take the blame for Saturday's defeat as it was not a one off,we lost ate goals to Celtic trying to defend deep in our own half.Yes you can say that his tactics in the first half on Saturday worked as we went in at half time 0-0 but what was his plan B if we had conceded early,throw McDonald on and try and have a go when when your a goal down.Hope McGhee was as gutted as he made out and realises just how gutted we the fans are with his tactics.IMO I would rather have a go against this very average opponent on Saturday and we might lose by two or three but least we would have competed and tried to win the game,then sit biting our nails for 90 plus minutes hoping to sneak a draw or a 1-0 defeat by not attacking which would allow McGhee to trawl out his list of hard luck stories and excuses.
    For ONCE can we please have a real go on Saturday!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)