+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broadfoot season may be done/Diagouraga says no

Broadfoot season may be done/Diagouraga says no

Paul, I always enjoy reading your articles but is there any chance you could ask the likes of Tony Stewart and Paul Douglas why we routinely lose out on transfer targets that the club has identified?
    After all, it isn't just an occasional failure, it is a regular and predictable outcome.
    I appreciate you have to maintain a good working relationship with the club but supporters are looking for answers and would appreciate a few direct questions being put to the people who run the club.
    If Tony Stewart treated his customers at ASD with the same disdain as he is apparently treating the supporters of Rotherham United the lights would soon go out on his business (pun intended).
    I'll await your reaction with interest.

We haven't signed a single Championship-quality player in the 3 years we've been here so clearly we're not prepared to pay the going rate, either on wages or transfer fees. The end result of this policy is inevitable. We can only assume the embarrassing rubbish TS has spouted about competitiveness and promotion was solely to encourage season ticket sales because he has done nothing beyond empty words to try and deliver on his boasts or to even prolong our stay in this division.

Well two thoughts

1. I don't think we will ever see Broadfoot kick a ball for RUFC again
    2. Diagouraga, a no brainer, if I was him I would have chosen Ipswich over Rotherham also. 98 out of 100 would have made the same decision.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger View Post
    Well two thoughts

1. I don't think we will ever see Broadfoot kick a ball for RUFC again
    2. Diagouraga, a no brainer, if I was him I would have chosen Ipswich over Rotherham also. 98 out of 100 would have made the same decision.
    I agree Jolly.
    Any player worth his salt would put Rotherham at the very bottom of his list of options given our present predicament but that doesn't explain why we have consistently failed to land our targets over a protracted period of time.
    Many seem to think it's because we offer peanuts but there's got to be more to it than that.
    Our whole transfer process seems to be fundamentally flawed.

Alternative view.

Maybe we just can't afford them it's not anyone's fault just the reality.

I do understand though that TS has made some silly statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Alternative view.

Maybe we just can't afford them it's not anyone's fault just the reality.

I do understand though that TS has made some silly statements.
    That may be the case Yak but why identify these players as targets if we can't afford them? That's just going to make supporters even more cynical and frustrated.
    .......and then we sign Blackstock on megabucks (allegedly) on a 3 year contract. Money didn't seem to be a problem for that one.
    Bizarre 😕

If Broadfoot is finished as was the concensus of opinion at yesterdays match does the club get an insurance payment ? Probably explains rumoured rejected bids for Tarkowski at Burnley and Webster at Millwall. Don't know where some of our supporters get their info from when nothing comes from the club !!

The access to TS has always been excellent, Mellow. I speak to him regularly and he has a genuine desire to keep supporters informed as much as possible. I think with Toumani Diagouraga it's more a case of the player choosing a club higher in the table than anything else. I'm going to ask the club if I can compile a list of sensible questions from fans, put them to TS and write it up as a straight Q@A article. Thanks for reading, by the way! Cheers.

My question would be "what is the financial plan for the club?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast