+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McGhee's post match interview

McGhee's post match interview

I try not to pay too much attention to what our manager has to say about anything but his post match interview yesterday was something I found a complete and utter embarrassment to Motherwell FC and summed up that man perfectly.

"I couldn't give a monkeys about the players"

"I feel hollow"

"I have only ever felt this bad in 900 games as manager"

These were actual quotes from him. Never mind the players, it's all "me, me, me" and what sort of message does that send out from the first team manager? We all know why McGhee is so gutted here, as he wanted to dine out on beating Rangers in the Cup, nothing to do with Motherwell FC, that was purely personal from a bitter, twisted Celtic supporting **** of a man.

I notice it didn't bother him as much losing 9-0, 7-0 and 5-0 to Celtic in recent years eh?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, that self centered clown should be nowhere near Fir Park in any capacity.

Certainly an embarrassing interview. Training today will be interesting. Can he pick up the players for next Saturday????

Perhaps LSM a tad economical with actuality of quote and suggest he was gutted with the result ...
    “I am speechless. I have only felt as bad as this twice in my 900 odd games as a manager”.
    On both occasions he refers to English playoffs with Millwall and Wolves. I suggest your objection to the man is the fact he once played with Celtic … grow up and move on. I’m not as hung up with McGhee as many on here post.

You are perfectly free to dislike our manager, and also get angry at his tactics, however you are 100% wrong in inferring that it is because he is "Bitter" and does not mind losing heavily to Celtic, because he is a Celtic fan. This is the sort of bigoted rubbish we would hear from those over at Ibrox. It has no place on a Motherwell fans board. When have Motherwell fans ever questioned a manager's commitment because of the team they support. Even under Jock Wallace, not once did anyone question that he was doing his best for our club.

I heard his interview and he did sound absolutely gutted....not half as much as i was though......I'm not a McGhee fan but i felt a bit for him yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin View Post
    I heard his interview and he did sound absolutely gutted....not half as much as i was though......I'm not a McGhee fan but i felt a bit for him yesterday.

I do not feel sorry for any manager , they get paid well whether they are successful or not. McGhee and others like him will never need to worry how the mortgage will get paid. He picks the team he picks the players he consistently plays guys either too old, too slow or too casual week in week out. McManus on balance of what the club has paid him over the years has been short changing us, hes a waste of a salary and hes not alone. Its McGhees job to replace and recruit better and so far hes not in credit in my book and thats all Ill ever judge him on.
    Last edited by steviex; 22-01-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bheron View Post
    You are perfectly free to dislike our manager, and also get angry at his tactics, however you are 100% wrong in inferring that it is because he is "Bitter" and does not mind losing heavily to Celtic, because he is a Celtic fan. This is the sort of bigoted rubbish we would hear from those over at Ibrox. It has no place on a Motherwell fans board. When have Motherwell fans ever questioned a manager's commitment because of the team they support. Even under Jock Wallace, not once did anyone question that he was doing his best for our club.
    Go and look up the words 'bigot' and 'bigoted' in a dictionary and I think you'll find that absolutely nothing I posted was bigoted in any way whatsoever. Had McGhee been an ex Hearts player and self confessed Hearts supporter and someone had said that he was more bitter about losing to Hibs than he ever was to Hearts would you have called it bigoted rubbish then? I think me and you both know the answer to that is no, don't we?

Incidentally seeing as you asked, there were plenty of Motherwell fans out there who questioned Stuart McCall's commitment to us because of his connections with Rangers and those same fans seemed to ignore McCall's equally poor record in games against Celtic, or in basically any big match that he oversaw during his time here and only focussed on his poor record against Rangers, so yes it has certainly happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Go and look up the words 'bigot' and 'bigoted' in a dictionary and I think you'll find that absolutely nothing I posted was bigoted in any way whatsoever. Had McGhee been an ex Hearts player and self confessed Hearts supporter and someone had said that he was more bitter about losing to Hibs than he ever was to Hearts would you have called it bigoted rubbish then? I think me and you both know the answer to that is no, don't we?

Incidentally seeing as you asked, there were plenty of Motherwell fans out there who questioned Stuart McCall's commitment to us because of his connections with Rangers and those same fans seemed to ignore McCall's equally poor record in games against Celtic, or in basically any big match that he oversaw during his time here and only focussed on his poor record against Rangers, so yes it has certainly happened.
    No point in us having a go at each other on here. The reason I used that terminology, is because you brought up the subject of him being a bitter Celtic fan. I still say that who a manager supports is totally irrelevant. You might as well say that a player does not play well against a team that they support. Anyway, there is no point on us going on about it. If you take offence at the word bigoted, I apologise for using it. However try re-reading your original post, and ask yourself "Why" someone would think that.

I certainly ain't no fan of McGhoo, as previous posts back up. But I think his post-match comments were perfectly pitched; he's saying in other words what we regularly say on here ... 'how much more fekkin pain do I need to suffer - we had the game in the bag then we self-destruct with fekkin minutes to go'.
    How many times has that happened the last 12 months?! Can't blame him on this occasion that's for sure. And, if we don't come out and blooter Sevco on Saturday it'll be the players fault again IMO! Time for them to give us a day to remember, and show some bawz !!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)