+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time to retrace your steps Mr Stewart

Time to retrace your steps Mr Stewart

After what no one can deny has been a total shambles of a season, Mr Stewart needs to think hard and act decisively by appointing the new boss. As we have seen, no one will sign for a rudderless ship.

We need inspiration, we need direction, we need hope. Just how many of you out there will renew your season tickets in the current climate? I packed mine up well before Xmas in protest at the debacle and will only return once I see a plan.

I recently checked in on the Stags forum....go there and see excited fans. Hope. Entertainment and charisma. Mr Stewart, think back to the days when signings like Tavs, Dicko, Freks, Arnie, Skarz, Nards, Morgan etc made going down to the NYS a weekly treat.

Get him back. Football is about entertainment. RUFC were in the spotlight every time he spoke. Have you forgotten that?

Packed your season ticket up wow well done to you SIR.

And we moan at players for spitting the dummy out

Maybe some of us should spend a match day with a Charlton fan

I certainly don't want Evans back but I'm content to see him doing well at Mansfield although I don't like them.

You listed 7 players that did a good job for The Millers out of the 88 or so he signed

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Packed your season ticket up wow well done to you SIR.
    And he's a prfect right too, after all he paid for it.

If you purchased advance tickets to see your favourite band on tour, they then released a couple of albums that you found boring, uninspiring and plainly didn't enjoy listenng to. The band announced they will only be playing tracks from their last 2 albums on the tour, would you still go to the gigs?

And for what's its worth I'm also in agreement re the SE thing, it's so lacklustre at NYS without any big characters around. We've become anonymous again.

Good points. No atmosphere anymore, no connection with the players at all. Whether you liked SE or not, NYS was at least alive and vibrant.

Quote Originally Posted by millermanic View Post
    And he's a prfect right too, after all he paid for it.

If you purchased advance tickets to see your favourite band on tour, they then released a couple of albums that you found boring, uninspiring and plainly didn't enjoy listenng to. The band announced they will only be playing tracks from their last 2 albums on the tour, would you still go to the gigs?

And for what's its worth I'm also in agreement re the SE thing, it's so lacklustre at NYS without any big characters around. We've become anonymous again.
    Anonymous,dont agree there millermanic,go anywhere in the country and mention the name ROTHERHAM and everybody knows us for all the wrong reasons(front page of Advertiser left hand collumn) Attracting anybody to this town wether it be footballers or business people will always be a a thankless task.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    After what no one can deny has been a total shambles of a season, Mr Stewart needs to think hard and act decisively by appointing the new boss. As we have seen, no one will sign for a rudderless ship.

We need inspiration, we need direction, we need hope. Just how many of you out there will renew your season tickets in the current climate? I packed mine up well before Xmas in protest at the debacle and will only return once I see a plan.

I recently checked in on the Stags forum....go there and see excited fans. Hope. Entertainment and charisma. Mr Stewart, think back to the days when signings like Tavs, Dicko, Freks, Arnie, Skarz, Nards, Morgan etc made going down to the NYS a weekly treat.

Get him back. Football is about entertainment. RUFC were in the spotlight every time he spoke. Have you forgotten that?
    How much did you have to pay,when you forfeited your season ticket DV,bet it was close to £100.

We have two season tickets in our household and they will both be renewed.

It's a wonderful well run club that is providing entertainment in the championship and within a stadium that is beyond our wildest dreams.

The pitch alone is worth watching and my complements to the groundsman and his team - what a coup it was getting him from Fulham!

Well done Rotherham United !

I'd agree with getting Steve Evans back, 100%, except for one thing - I now seriously don't think he would want to come back. I'm convinced Warney will be the next fulltime boss as I can't see who else would want it.