+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only One Will Hughes

Only One Will Hughes

I agree...very good article, thanks for that MoP. Future Derby captain? If he can sort some of his own daft disciplinary stuff out...otherwise seems bright and very grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I agree...very good article, thanks for that MoP. Future Derby captain? If he can sort some of his own daft disciplinary stuff out...otherwise seems bright and very grounded.
    I thought he'd been sold for £15m a couple of years ago ..... Swale said that was going to happen ..... going to happen ...... going to happen ....

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea View Post
    I thought he'd been sold for £15m a couple of years ago ..... Swale said that was going to happen ..... going to happen ...... going to happen ....
    He's still 21...despite missing 80% of last season he's already made 160 first team appearances...Jeff Hendrick went for almost £11m...given those three facts I don't think that's an unrealistic estimate. If a bid like that came in I accept we might accept it but if WH is captaining Derby in the Premiership by the time he's reached the ripe old age of 24/25 I'll be quite happy.

So lets compare his comments to the likes of Dele Ali ..... oh they don't hold up!

Its easy to sit and make comments like that when you haven't had a big club come in and prepared to pay the money. Doesn't have to be a big club ..... Is Hendrick sitting on the bench week in week out!

The article is a load of rubbish as if he'd had big opportunities and turned them down then fine but there hasn't as the club has always said every player has their price. And an agent would have got it in the press. It sounds more like trying to convince himself!

So lets compare his comments to the likes of Dele Ali ..... oh they don't hold up!

Its easy to sit and make comments like that when you haven't had a big club come in and prepared to pay the money. Doesn't have to be a big club ..... Is Hendrick sitting on the bench week in week out!

The article is a load of rubbish as if he'd had big opportunities and turned them down then fine but there hasn't as the club has always said every player has their price. And an agent would have got it in the press. It sounds more like trying to convince himself!
    Why so negative...what's the point? Dele Ali is probably the 'standout' young player in the country, so what's the point of comparing Hughes to a player who'd probably fetch five times the amount we're talking for Will...maybe more.
    Will Hughes is realistically worth £12-£15m, that's not unreasonable. He speaks well and conducts himself - stupid bookings apart - well. Nobody is saying anything more than that...why the vendetta against him?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Why so negative...what's the point? Dele Ali is probably the 'standout' young player in the country, so what's the point of comparing Hughes to a player who'd probably fetch five times the amount we're talking for Will...maybe more.
    Will Hughes is realistically worth £12-£15m, that's not unreasonable. He speaks well and conducts himself - stupid bookings apart - well. Nobody is saying anything more than that...why the vendetta against him?
    You can't have a debate or reason with someone who has narcissistic personality disorder. Fact!

Either your memory is poor, you can't read or you spout lies to suit your views - I never ever said he was going for £15 million or that it was going to happen - £15 million was quoted in the media, I merely said he would be worth whatever a club was prepared to pay for him, still your welcome to bring up the post where I said that and show how clever you are...but I'm not holding my breath!

Thought he was brilliant last night and I'm sure his value increased hugely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)