+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Christie

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I don't think that's the motivation but it is a by-product.
    It's scatter-gun.

I think their thinking is if we sign 4 and for every 3 MacKay-Stevens, Allans or Chrsities we get one Armstrong that'll do.
    That's what all big clubs do in a way though. We would do it also if we could afford it. Hayes, Shinnie and Tansey were all the stand out players at ICT, likewise McLean at St.Mirren.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's what all big clubs do in a way though. We would do it also if we could afford it. Hayes, Shinnie and Tansey were all the stand out players at ICT, likewise McLean at St.Mirren.
    True up to a point, but clubs our size need a far better "hit" rate than they do.

They're not having to sign young prospects just to sit on the bench any more though.

They can buy EVERY young prospect and just loan them out to patsies like us.

The fact that we are complisit in this is sickening.

Send Christie back now and say " no thank you"

Otherwise it's the end for AFC challenging for anything.

True up to a point, but clubs our size need a far better "hit" rate than they do.
    I hate sticking up for Celtic but getting Johnny Hayes for £1.3m was a steal. I often wondered why they hadn't tried it before. He'll be a great player for them unfortunately. An easy purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I hate sticking up for Celtic but getting Johnny Hayes for £1.3m was a steal. I often wondered why they hadn't tried it before. He'll be a great player for them unfortunately. An easy purchase.
    And he could well be their "1 in 4" but he might not. If you look at our hit rate, we canna pay a fraction of 1.3 mil for a "hit" player, far less a miss.

We can afford to miss on, say, Zola and Storey if we get MacLean, Logan and Shinnie.
    60% hit rate when shopping at our level is.....just about OK.
    If raselickbyrawaybutbigman can, when shopping bargain basement (by their standards), can call a 20% hit rate a success.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    They're not having to sign young prospects just to sit on the bench any more though.

They can buy EVERY young prospect and just loan them out to patsies like us.

The fact that we are complisit in this is sickening.

Send Christie back now and say " no thank you"

Otherwise it's the end for AFC challenging for anything.
    Over reaction of the year award !

And he could well be their "1 in 4" but he might not. If you look at our hit rate, we canna pay a fraction of 1.3 mil for a "hit" player, far less a miss.

We can afford to miss on, say, Zola and Storey if we get MacLean, Logan and Shinnie.
    60% hit rate when shopping at our level is.....just about OK.
    If raselickbyrawaybutbigman can, when shopping bargain basement (by their standards), can call a 20% hit rate a success.
    He's been an absolute stick out for us over the last few seasons. He's been nominated for player of the year in Scotland the last two seasons I believe. If anyone thinks he'll flop for Celtic then they know nothing about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    Over reaction of the year award !

Ah well, as long as you're happy trotting down to Pittodrie to support Celtic players.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Ah well, as long as you're happy trotting down to Pittodrie to support Celtic players.
    If he does the business for us, I couldn't give a toss. It's the reality of where we are financially. I reckon we could have signed Christie on a permanent basis had we been in a position to offer him similar money to what he's on at Celtic. But we can't.

Our inability to challenge Celtic has f*** all to do with us signing a Celtic player on loan. Inter and AC Milan have been loaning players to each other for years.

We were so bad for so long that fans are more likely to accept this in order to keep it going. In an ideal world, we wouldn't have to cheer on Tims, rapists etc but finishing second is more important

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast