+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Christie

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    Wise up, he is our player for the season & may become permanent next summer
    He is not our player... If he was he would be able to play against Celtic.

Hope he does well here, but like others I would rather see us invest in our own players. He should have been part of the Hayes deal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Trading Sheep View Post
    I agree, we are developing a player for another team.

Naturally hope he does well when here, bit would rather see us add value to our own players instead of another teams
    We developed Ryan Jack for another team. Not really any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    We developed Ryan Jack for another team. Not really any difference.
    Massive difference... He was our player, our asset owned by the club. We were not contract bound to play him or not play him in certain games. We could have sold him, assuming he wanted to leave and assuming there was interest in him. He could not be recalled to then play against us. The list really is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Trading Sheep View Post
    Massive difference... He was our player, our asset owned by the club. We were not contract bound to play him or not play him in certain games. We could have sold him, assuming he wanted to leave and assuming there was interest in him. He could not be recalled to then play against us. The list really is endless.
    Not really, we spent thousands on him, stood by him when he was injured and he walked away for free.

Christie we get for nowt, possibly we are picking up a percentage of his wages, we get the benefit of a super player who will enhance our side.

If we didn't take him on loan again someone else would have. Can't ever see him being a Celtic first team regular. Slight possibility he may be interested in joining Aberdeen in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Not really, we spent thousands on him, stood by him when he was injured and he walked away for free.

Christie we get for nowt, possibly we are picking up a percentage of his wages, we get the benefit of a super player who will enhance our side.

If we didn't take him on loan again someone else would have. Can't ever see him being a Celtic first team regular. Slight possibility he may be interested in joining Aberdeen in the future.
    You are correct, we did spend thousands on him etc etc, but it is NOT the same.

We may have paid a fee to get Christie on loan AND yes we will definitely be paying part or all of his wages.

He will never be a Celtic first team player, and yes there is a small chance he could sign for Aberdeen, but the fact remains the situation is controlled by Celtic. The have nothing to lose and all to gain. We just have to do as we are told with him....

Imagine we were top of the league at Christmas with a very influential christie in the team (Not going to happen I know) do you not think they would recall him just to weaken us and not even play him? Is that fair on us? Is that fair on the spirit of the game and to the supporters? Is it fair that we are denied playing our strongest 11 against them? All it does it weaken our chances and strengthens theirs. But thats Scottish football for you I guess. A rigged competition before a ball is even kicked.

I do see what you are saying, but its not the same as him being our player, not even close

Hopefully we have learned from the Danny Ward situation and Celtic can't recall him. That said as per previous seasons come January IF they need to they will just go out and buy another league title however I fear this possibility is extremely unlikely as once again Celtic will stroll to the title.

I can only see positives in the loan deal. And in the long run it actually costs us less than developing a home grown talent who walks away for nothing.

It's cringeworthy.

Going cap in hand to the big boys and asking for a shottie of one of their players.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It's cringeworthy.

Going cap in hand to the big boys and asking for a shottie of one of their players.

Pathetic.
    They shouldn`t be allowed to stop him playing against THEM !!

It`s a tricky one. Developing another teams player . If he gets TOO good. Whoosh back to the Piggery.

But more likely, they go off and sign some other young "star" from europe with a view to selling on to guffyland in a season or two ; While Christie finally realises he can win a cup or two, and paly in Europe every season with the Dons. ( Aye, he`ll never play for Scotland , pf course.....!! )

It's no secret we tried to get him on a perm deal but the tims refused
    So although not ideal we know after last season it's a no brainier hes going to settle in and be even more successful for us this season
    So why would we not want a player who wants to play for us and I for won I will be cheering everyone of his 15 plus goals I feel he will score for us this season
    Plus as already has been said there could be a decent chance we can get him on a perm basis

Ps 15 goals is being very conservative

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    They shouldn`t be allowed to stop him playing against THEM !!

It`s a tricky one. Developing another teams player . If he gets TOO good. Whoosh back to the Piggery.

But more likely, they go off and sign some other young "star" from europe with a view to selling on to guffyland in a season or two ; While Christie finally realises he can win a cup or two, and paly in Europe every season with the Dons. ( Aye, he`ll never play for Scotland , pf course.....!! )
    It's an SPFL rule which stops him playing against Celtic.

Although if it wasn't then it's the type of clause you would imagine they would try and insert anyway.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast