+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queens v Morton

Morton are on form and we all remembered what happened last time here.
    This will be tough but is a good test to see how much we have improved from last time even though that only 4 players that started that match will more than likely start this one.
    As we have a week off next weekend the lads should be giving everything for a postive result today.

Come on Queens

I don't anticipate anywhere near as one-sided a game this time as on Morton's last visit. We need to get our home form back on track and no better time to do it than against the divisions form team. They're on a good unbeaten run which has to end sometime so no reason it can't be today. We are stronger now in midfield and we'll have to dominate that area and not be wasteful with any chances we get. Get stuck in and win the ball further up the park, play to Dobbie's feet not aimless punts up the park. I'm going for a narrow Queens victory.

Delighted with that . A beautifully lofted header over the keeper from Del gave us our first and a thunderbolt from Jacobs our second ( where did that come from ?) In between that we missed a glorious opportunity to make it two when firstly Dobbie and then Lyle failed to put it away. I was convinced we would be made to pay but got away with it. Joe Thomson, in a typical energetic display ,rounded it off with a great run and finish. We have swapped a sloth in midfield for a workhorse.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 04-02-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Although the final scoreline was perhaps flattering for Queens we certainly were deserving of the win today. There were no failures and the level of commitment, drive and energy throughout the game was in stark contrast to the last time Morton visited when they frankly hammered us. I do like the new players especially Dom Thomas who only has the attitude to get at the opposition with pace which is something we have been lacking recently and Joe Thomson's solo effort summed up his spirit throughout the game. It is a pity most of these new additions will be cup tied for the Irn Bru semi final against Dundee Utd but if we play with spirit evident today if will be a very close and entertaining game. Bring it on-Mon the South.

Excellent performance and good to see Jacobs flourish. Was always of the opinion that there was something there, but required someone alongside to bring out the best in him. Rankin seems to be that person. Progress is being made. Hopefully it will give confidence to those who play against Dundee United in the cup. Credit must also go to the management team who are seeing an improvement every week.

Very interesting to compare the tonking we got last time with today's performance. This midfield is light years ahead of what we had then. I have to say that, much as I like wee Danny's dribbling skills, I think the manager called this right once again. I didn't think he would start the way we did v Hibs, with one up front and yet Morton have been just as impressive as the Edinburgh side recently.

I hope young Quitongo recovers well from his injury for he is some footballer, but I was glad he was missing today. Very even game. I thought if Morton scored first, then we could see them shut up shop and take the 1-0. When we got it, it left them to be hit on the counter. Three brilliant goals.Two from midfielders!!

The last time Morton were here something was seriously wrong. That was never just a normal defeat the way we had been playing prior to this.
    You can see why Morton have gone 14 games unbeaten. A very organised outfit from front to back.

Fantastic win. Gary N has done a amazing job turning this team around from free fall. The players he has brought in have all made a imidiate impact.

Goal of the season by Jacobs with Joe Thompson's a very close second. Just deserves a better home support.

Hopefully more fans will now come along to Palmy for the last 6 home league games - the Hibs game highlighted how support has fell away during our disastrous midwinter form. The visitors brought 185 less fans down from Edinburgh but Queens support was a massive
    511 down on the Hibees last visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Hopefully more fans will now come along to Palmy for the last 6 home league games - the Hibs game highlighted how support has fell away during our disastrous midwinter form. The visitors brought 185 less fans down from Edinburgh but Queens support was a massive
    511 down on the Hibees last visit.
    I didn't realise there was such a drop from the home support.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)