+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Griff

Hey Griff

I'm thinking about coming coming down for a Carlisle game in August early season do your club have a lounge where you get beers and half time coffees and sandwiches.. not too keen on the dinning was thinking we could book a lounge table get some of the Carlisle fans that post on here as well as Moorlad ..

What you think i could sent you money down before booking .
    Maybe moorlad will come too.
    Just an idea it be a good day out I think.

There's Foxy's but they just do pre-match meals I think. You can get a half-time beer at the ground(I never bother) or queue for a pie and catering standard coffee. I just enjoy being able to stand like I always used to, and moan about the poor food, drink and atmosphere. We generally meet in a bar when visitors came along - Deezel, Andover and TTNY to name a few. I think you can get coffee in Lloyds where we usually meet though I generally drink beer otherwise folk give you funny looks. You can certainly get food there. Give it another thought when the fixtures come out and if you're still keen I'll try and get moorlad out of his cave for the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    There's Foxy's but they just do pre-match meals I think. You can get a half-time beer at the ground(I never bother) or queue for a pie and catering standard coffee. I just enjoy being able to stand like I always used to, and moan about the poor food, drink and atmosphere. We generally meet in a bar when visitors came along - Deezel, Andover and TTNY to name a few. I think you can get coffee in Lloyds where we usually meet though I generally drink beer otherwise folk give you funny looks. You can certainly get food there. Give it another thought when the fixtures come out and if you're still keen I'll try and get moorlad out of his cave for the afternoon.
    I'm keen to go may ask our Rangers friend to come along if not I'd look forward to my day oot would be a nice train journey.

When the fixture list comes out I will book the train well in advance..
    Looking forward to it already we all know how time flies by.

While we are on the subject,Carlisle have the honor of having Notts visit their ground,if the weather is okay I may pay a visit as I've never been to Carlisle but I'm not traveling all the way up there for one game,where is your nearest/best seaside resort for you Cumbrians,if its within a 90 min drive I may well spend a few days up there

[QUOTE=chalkyncfc61;38423037]While we are on the subject,Carlisle have the honor of having Notts visit their ground,if the weather is okay I may pay a visit as I've never been to Carlisle but I'm not traveling all the way up there for one game,where is your nearest/best seaside resort for you Cumbrians,if its within a 90 min drive I may well spend a few days up the

You never know chalky it could even be Notts that Carlisle host on that day fingers crossed.

Carlisle is indeed worthy of a visit it's very historic really enjoyed my visit there.as I'm sure you will.

We play Carlisle on April 8th buc but if we are on next seasons fixture list I will be very happy as that means we haven't been relegated,I want to visit there just in case the worst happens though and at least I can tick it off my list

Cumbria doesn't do seaside resorts, we have mountains instead. Silloth is a small resort on the coast, but very quiet. Go to one of the lakes towns - maybe Keswick which is nice. If you want the seaside then I suppose South Shields is around 90 minutes from Carlisle.

Have you forgotten about Flimby Griff?When the Kids were young and wanted to go to Beamish i took them to Flimby and didn't let on.

How can I send him to Flimby? THE PIE SHOP'S SHUT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)