+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deadline Day

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    Getting Frustrated Jimmy!! having a Wobble as timmy would say
    Read the RULES of the Website Jimmy Lad before you get a RED CARD, i dont want u get sent off.

Big welcome to Jonny Margetts and Callum Cooke, both sound promising. If Margetts can find his Lincoln goal scoring form there's still time to turn this season around.C.O.Y.R.

Credit to DA for bringing in the two loan signings and I hope they have a positive impact on the goals front starting on Saturday.

HD shipping out to St Mirren makes sense. He is clearly, and obviously, unsettled by his father's sacking. Given St Mirren's predicament, HD can bring his extensive experience of battling against relegation.

Best for both parties that HD moved on, best of luck.

same old outcome for the Alex. leave it till the last minute and bring in some cheap inexperienced players for a big relegation fight. I wonder if these players would have got a club before the dead line. Did DA know what money he had to spend before he took the job on. Moan over but nothing ever changes at our club

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    same old outcome for the Alex. leave it till the last minute and bring in some cheap inexperienced players for a big relegation fight. I wonder if these players would have got a club before the dead line. Did DA know what money he had to spend before he took the job on. Moan over but nothing ever changes at our club
    Yes DA would of known what money he has, the two players are highly recommended especially Cooke who has played at England level and been captain of the U-23 so leadership skills are good. As for Margetts the lad has potential and is a natural goalscorer as S****horpe paid a six figure sum for him. Lets trust the management team and get behind the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust View Post
    Yes DA would of known what money he has, the two players are highly recommended especially Cooke who has played at England level and been captain of the U-23 so leadership skills are good. As for Margetts the lad has potential and is a natural goalscorer as S****horpe paid a six figure sum for him. Lets trust the management team and get behind the team.
    Agree as last evening at 6pm and all the lights out at Gresty Road and No signings i thought thats it Relegation a Cert,but at least they have now given themselves a 60/40 chance,all depends how quickly they settle in,and what team DA selects as its really no use him selecting Cooper Kirk and Saunders anymore as they have just not produced and gone backwards. If DA does select them then i really dont hold out much chance of them escaping the drop,so its all about choices now and that other player LUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    Agree as last evening at 6pm and all the lights out at Gresty Road and No signings i thought thats it Relegation a Cert,but at least they have now given themselves a 60/40 chance,all depends how quickly they settle in,and what team DA selects as its really no use him selecting Cooper Kirk and Saunders anymore as they have just not produced and gone backwards. If DA does select them then i really dont hold out much chance of them escaping the drop,so its all about choices now and that other player LUCK.
    Cooper?? I'm not his biggest fan, but think he played well the last two home games. When did you last see him play?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Cooper?? I'm not his biggest fan, but think he played well the last two home games. When did you last see him play?
    That is a good question Jimmy. Cooper has played very well this season more often than not and I would suggest it is unkind to say that Kirk has gone backwards. On the contrary, he has played well at times and is, like Cooper a couple of years ago, trying to establish himself in the side. But then if one attended regularly one would know that. Some seem to delight in knocking the youngsters but the truth is, they are the future of the club. Not because they will play half a dozen seasons, in fact we hope they don't because they will be attracting attention from higher league clubs. Cooper is a classic example. He came into the side and looked very good. Last season he was awful probably because he thought he had made it. Now, having learned from our departed captain, he is playing well much more often than not and as with any young player you can see good and bad in the same game. It is more good than bad these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    That is a good question Jimmy. Cooper has played very well this season more often than not and I would suggest it is unkind to say that Kirk has gone backwards. On the contrary, he has played well at times and is, like Cooper a couple of years ago, trying to establish himself in the side. But then if one attended regularly one would know that. Some seem to delight in knocking the youngsters but the truth is, they are the future of the club. Not because they will play half a dozen seasons, in fact we hope they don't because they will be attracting attention from higher league clubs. Cooper is a classic example. He came into the side and looked very good. Last season he was awful probably because he thought he had made it. Now, having learned from our departed captain, he is playing well much more often than not and as with any young player you can see good and bad in the same game. It is more good than bad these days!
    Len X Pro on Radio Stoke last week said Kirk was a waste of space? i think he knows Tim,Cooper and Saunders have been here over 3 Seasons now how long do they want to Prove? even SD said they have to show it this season or else.
    Bringing in 19 years on Loan tells you something!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast