+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Deadline Day

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Mike, this must be about the 4th or 5th time you have "retired" from this board.

Either do it.......or don't.....just make your mind up.

From my point of view, it you stopped bringing the academy into every argument, then you do have a contribution to make to this forum. Posters just get fed up of the same drum being incessantly banged.
    HAS every right to bring it up thats why the club are where they are now! Stupid boy Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Mike, this must be about the 4th or 5th time you have "retired" from this board.

Either do it.......or don't.....just make your mind up.

From my point of view, it you stopped bringing the academy into every argument, then you do have a contribution to make to this forum. Posters just get fed up of the same drum being incessantly banged.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, that's a fair point that deserves a reply and this will be my last post here and I will hold myself to that this time. I don't need to seek anyone's permission to leave or to stay.

The academy IS central to every single thing the club does. Every decision by the board is based on that model and even Bowler and Gradi has said its more important than the first team and so here we are at yet another transfer window and the financial constraints are once again apparent, wholly because what money we have is reserved for the training pitches and youngsters when most of them will fail to make the grade and yet millions have been spent on them. When there are hundreds of late ****s we could look and develop those if we need to...We are taking on loan, yet another academy graduate and so our academy comes again and again back into focus. Each graduate that comes into the squad the very same questions are raised. Are they good enough, strong enough, how many games do we give them etc etc. I doubt this topic hardly comes up with other clubs because its the FIRST team that is considered FIRST and we have relegated that down the pecking order. And we have to pay clubs to do that, rather than they pay us for giving them games and getting them fit? Who on earth accepts that as the norm?

Anyway, people have a choice to read my posts or skip through them and when some revert to personal insults, then sorry but I'm not inclined to want to discuss ANYTHING with them. And why even though I love football and supported this club since I was 11 years old some 61 years ago now. God is it that long ago? I will still be doing so even if we get relegated. When the club decided NOT to invest at least 50% of any transfer income into the first team was the time I lost faith in the ones running it which was obviously not for the benefit of the fans and its coincidental if we get a promotion or relegated in the process.

Goodbye and good luck and that is it from me and so no Frank Sinatra come backs this time!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, that's a fair point that deserves a reply and this will be my last post here and I will hold myself to that this time. I don't need to seek anyone's permission to leave or to stay.

The academy IS central to every single thing the club does. Every decision by the board is based on that model and even Bowler and Gradi has said its more important than the first team and so here we are at yet another transfer window and the financial constraints are once again apparent, wholly because what money we have is reserved for the training pitches and youngsters when most of them will fail to make the grade and yet millions have been spent on them. When there are hundreds of late ****s we could look and develop those if we need to...We are taking on loan, yet another academy graduate and so our academy comes again and again back into focus. Each graduate that comes into the squad the very same questions are raised. Are they good enough, strong enough, how many games do we give them etc etc. I doubt this topic hardly comes up with other clubs because its the FIRST team that is considered FIRST and we have relegated that down the pecking order. And we have to pay clubs to do that, rather than they pay us for giving them games and getting them fit? Who on earth accepts that as the norm?

Anyway, people have a choice to read my posts or skip through them and when some revert to personal insults, then sorry but I'm not inclined to want to discuss ANYTHING with them. And why even though I love football and supported this club since I was 11 years old some 61 years ago now. God is it that long ago? I will still be doing so even if we get relegated. When the club decided NOT to invest at least 50% of any transfer income into the first team was the time I lost faith in the ones running it which was obviously not for the benefit of the fans and its coincidental if we get a promotion or relegated in the process.

Goodbye and good luck and that is it from me and so no Frank Sinatra come backs this time!
    You did it your way Mike dont worry you will be proved correct,your far to intelligent for this forum anyway,maybe i should leave! but no i will stay, one has to understand Crewe is a town of simple folk. BBC Documentary

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    Are YOU that guy in Crewe who walks around with a Berry on his head and wears a Kilt
    Gotta be upright and well balanced to walk around with a berry on your head. Not much good in cold or wet weather though.

I'd like to repeat my plea from some time back: don't engage with itwasin at all. He or she is clearly trolling. Ooops I just did.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tidegoingout View Post
    Gotta be upright and well balanced to walk around with a berry on your head. Not much good in cold or wet weather though.

I'd like to repeat my plea from some time back: don't engage with itwasin at all. He or she is clearly trolling. Ooops I just did.....
    Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tidegoingout View Post

Like. And...
    You could always put some cream on it and have it for tea.

Schools OUT

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Like. And...
    You could always put some cream on it and have it for tea.
    Always tell when School ended for the day timmy and jimmy come online,must be in the same class together

I will miss MikeSB as he is correct as he correctly points out the issues of the poor team are as a result of the the available monies being poured into the accedamy for very little return over the past 5 years or so and not much on the horizon from what I hear . Where will the money from the sell on of Ashley Westwood go - bottomless pit I fear. No money spent at all in the transfer window and the prospect of non league football is getting a real possibility. So take your head out of the sand those that live in the past and join the real world

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    I will miss MikeSB as he is correct as he correctly points out the issues of the poor team are as a result of the the available monies being poured into the accedamy for very little return over the past 5 years or so and not much on the horizon from what I hear . Where will the money from the sell on of Ashley Westwood go - bottomless pit I fear. No money spent at all in the transfer window and the prospect of non league football is getting a real possibility. So take your head out of the sand those that live in the past and join the real world
    Like!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234