+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil and Gas Industry

Oil and Gas Industry

The Old thread is still in the Stand free forum so heres a new een

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38807175

Shell selling up 2.5bn quids worth of assets in the North Sea. Sounds like the downturns caught up with them. 400 jobs transferred to the buyers Chrysaor. I wonder how many staff Shell actually employ over those assets. 400 doesn't really sound like a lot. But on saying that the likes of the Elgin is Total and they will only have interest in that and same as Schiehallion which is BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The Old thread is still in the Stand free forum so heres a new een

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38807175

Shell selling up 2.5bn quids worth of assets in the North Sea. Sounds like the downturns caught up with them. 400 jobs transferred to the buyers Chrysaor. I wonder how many staff Shell actually employ over those assets. 400 doesn't really sound like a lot. But on saying that the likes of the Elgin is Total and they will only have interest in that and same as Schiehallion which is BP.
    Shell have been realigning their business model to focus on greener outputs. Their acquisition of BG was to expand their LNG portfolio.
    Not so much the downturn catching up on them as I'm sure they would have preferred a more buoyant market to get as best a price as possible.

Problem for a lot of these companies when they started developing these ageing fields is that they never included decommissioning costs in their long term forecasts.

Clair Ridge hits first oil

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...dge-first-oil/

BP gonna do alright in the near future with that and the oil and gas they have found next to where i am in Angola.

Still c@nts though

I’m spending the next year helping to stick a gas pipe together in Norway. F*ck knows who for or where it’s going but it’s a biggy

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m spending the next year helping to stick a gas pipe together in Norway. F*ck knows who for or where it’s going but it’s a biggy
    You nae pissing about in sh@tey fields down in Carlisle anymore?

You nae pissing about in sh@tey fields down in Carlisle anymore?
    Nah, still down that neck of the woods obviously but Interserve shut down their power division out the blue. 70 odd folk jobless in a oney. That’s why I’ve had so much time to talk pish with Jarvis & his jam boy. Still smarts a wee bit, as we were making a profit & were still hiring folk the same week it happened.

I was quite lucky to get back to what I was doing before

Clair Ridge hits first oil

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...dge-first-oil/

BP gonna do alright in the near future with that and the oil and gas they have found next to where i am in Angola.

Still c@nts though
    The initial Clair field was HP/HT and all the jewellery was flung at it to meet targets, I would imagine the development of this field was equally as challenging, thankfully out of that game now and enjoying life at a sedate pace, anyway.......

After Deepwater Horizon, the company, especially according to Uncle Sam, was then referred to as British Petroleum.......that seems to have tapered off to BP again over there...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    The initial Clair field was HP/HT and all the jewellery was flung at it to meet targets, I would imagine the development of this field was equally as challenging, thankfully out of that game now and enjoying life at a sedate pace, anyway.......

After Deepwater Horizon, the company, especially according to Uncle Sam, was then referred to as British Petroleum.......that seems to have tapered off to BP again over there...
    Beyond Petroleum it is now

They are still in a position where if there is another accident they are finished. Wouldnt surprise me if it was where i work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Nah, still down that neck of the woods obviously but Interserve shut down their power division out the blue. 70 odd folk jobless in a oney. That’s why I’ve had so much time to talk pish with Jarvis & his jam boy. Still smarts a wee bit, as we were making a profit & were still hiring folk the same week it happened.

I was quite lucky to get back to what I was doing before
    Carlisle v Lincoln on April 19 is booked up if you are still there. Then up to Cumnock, Beith or Auchinleck or whoever is at home on the Saturday on the way up the road

Carlisle v Lincoln on April 19 is booked up if you are still there. Then up to Cumnock, Beith or Auchinleck or whoever is at home on the Saturday on the way up the road
    I’m up for that if I’m home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast