+ Visit Millwall FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arite

Arite

Millwall fan living up in Scotland. Also a Dundee fan. Dragged my new wife to the Den on our honeymoon to see the Lions play Colchester in November 2015. Then for our anniversary took her to see us play Bolton at the Macron last November. She loved it and now is most definitely a Millwall fan. As you can see from my avatar I was at a pre season friendly between Dundee and Millwall a few years back. Went corporate with the then girlfriend who did become my wife. Shared a table with a couple of lads that had come up for the game.
    After the Colchester game we went to a pub near the Den and met in with some other Millwall fans. They were superb, looked after us brilliantly and at the end of the evening got us a taxi and even paid for it to take it to our hotel which was by Euston station.
    Anyway we will hopefully get down to another game this season but if not will definitely see Millwall play in November for our anniversary. It's going to be a regular thing on our anniversary ( the wife doesn't know yet ) but I'm sure she will be fine about it.
    Anyway Mon the Dee and the Wall

Hi Bodie, nice to hear another Millwall fan from Scotland( we have a poster called ScotsLion).As you may know Dundee and Millwall goes way back to when the club was founded. Good to hear that you and your wife were treated well on your visit to the Den. We are not all that bad despite our reputation. I have always had good banter with the Scots I've known, I served with them in the Marines and also as workmates on oil rigs around the World. We have lost a few posters on here since they changed the format but as well as the official Millwall site a good one is NewsatDen.

You and your fine Lady will always be welcome down the Den, Mon the Wall and the Dee.

Thanks Claw, I will check out the two sites you recommend As I said we couldn't have been treated better by the Millwall fans when we were down for the Colchester game. The game and result was brilliant but what really made it was the hospitality shown to me and my wife. Had a good crack with the Millwall fans at the Bolton game as well, pity about the result. We both had to get a membership so we could get tickets for the Millwall end.
    Wil get down to the Den soon and will give you a shout
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie80 View Post
    Thanks Claw, I will check out the two sites you recommend As I said we couldn't have been treated better by the Millwall fans when we were down for the Colchester game. The game and result was brilliant but what really made it was the hospitality shown to me and my wife. Had a good crack with the Millwall fans at the Bolton game as well, pity about the result. We both had to get a membership so we could get tickets for the Millwall end.
    Wil get down to the Den soon and will give you a shout
    Cheers
    As you probley know we was founded by scots working on the Isle of dogs in east London. Most of them were from Dundee, the lion being a symbol as well.

Glad you had a good welcome by the wall fans. I was at the Bolton game as it happens a bad day for us.

Quote Originally Posted by lion1 View Post
    As you probley know we was founded by scots working on the Isle of dogs in east London. Most of them were from Dundee, the lion being a symbol as well.

Glad you had a good welcome by the wall fans. I was at the Bolton game as it happens a bad day for us.
    I mate, I do know that fact. Bolton was a bad day for us but was a good little trip for me and the wife. Stayed in the Premier Inn across the road from the stadium for a couple of nights. Had a day out in Manchester as well
    One thing the Macron stadium is smart. Hotel and concert hall attached to it. A good place as well to watch football apart from the result which wasnae good at all.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)