+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Davis

Paul Davis

Seems to have stopped posting on here.
    I wonder if it's because one or two wanted our local journalists to get into the ribs of the club and provide some proper answers for supporters?
    Paul did tell me, on this message board, that he was going to approach Tony Stewart to see if he would be prepared to answer a series of questions that supporters were asking and then Paul would write up the answers in a feature article.
    As far as I am aware this hasn't happened.
    Either that or Tony Stewart told him to go away 😕

Yes it has gone quiet mellow. Thes been a bit in t tizer on facebook page, usual **** though tbh. UTM!!

Paul is back.

Cooolio !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    Paul is back.
    Good. I've missed his articles.

I was gone for only a day, Mellow! Glad you missed me! Request is in to the club over a TS one-on-one. Waiting for the club to get back to me. Usually takes a few days to organise. TS has always been very good with granting access and I've done several in the past. Cheers.

Thanks Paul but please ask for permission to go missing for a day next time 😀😀
    Good luck with your request for access to TS. A lot of us will be intrigued to see if he actually sheds any light on why the club has surrendered its Championship status so meekly and what plans, if any, are in place to start rebuilding next season.

Quick response:

"Why the club has surrendered its Championship status so meekly"

Ans: It hasn't - we're still fighting.

and

"What plans, if any, are in place to start rebuilding next season."

Ans: We are constantly thinking about the future and the players we have brought to the club with long contracts will enhance our squad for years to come.

Interested to read how close I get to official answers.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Quick response:

"Why the club has surrendered its Championship status so meekly"

Ans: It hasn't - we're still fighting.

and

"What plans, if any, are in place to start rebuilding next season."

Ans: We are constantly thinking about the future and the players we have brought to the club with long contracts will enhance our squad for years to come.

Interested to read how close I get to official answers.
    You could be right lbj but if that's what he comes out with, boy will people be angry 😠

I think it is best if he kept quiet.

Really all we want to hear him say is sorry for this season. I made a mistake for not chosing the right managers and when the ones employed were here I kept undermining them by giving the supporters false hope. I had given them a brief which they had agreed to in the interview and went forward with that.
    I didn't support the previous managers enough in the past with investment on the pitch and got carried away with the two survivals that we had and truely believed that this could happen again this year.
    The training facilities need investment as we all know but finances have been diverted to other parts of the RUFC project to keep it within the rules. RUFC will break even again this season.
    Other investers have been brought on board to finance the infastructure i.e. the training facitilties and the ongoing development arround the stadium itself.
    I still see a bright future for RUFC and I am employing a director of football to do the day to day running of the football side of things whilst Paul Douglas will continue to provide day to day running of RUFC itself. Both of these heads will report to me 3 times a week within scedualled meetings but will find me available via phone for the rest of the time.
    Youth is our future and investment will be made via the head of recruitments recommendations.
    True investment will be made but we will be back in the Championship on a better foundation than this period of participation.
    Again I would like to apologise for the season you fans are suffering. It is indeed also hurting me as I am now also a true fan of Rotherham United.
    Thanks for you support and I hope that I as Chairman of Rotherham United can rely on your continued support whilst our fortunes are turned round by the new team.
    Last edited by frogmiller; 06-02-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast