Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever switched allegiance from one party to another and what were your reasons?

My first political party I followed/ had interest in was the LibDems. I studied modern studies and part of a school project was to research a political party and do a mock election, with debating canvassing etc. The LibDems were the party I was tasked with and i just stayed with them after leaving school.

I turned 18 in 2000 and decided to switch over to the SNP. It all started when I wrote a letter to Alex Salmond asking for his opinion on rising fuel costs at the time. It was again all part of a school project and he replied to me with a lengthy and witty response and from then on I supported the SNP. I was an avid SNP and Salmond supporter right through until he stepped down as FM.

That said, I have now decided to support the Scottish Greens as I have grown disenchanted with the SNP in the last few months. I'm not the biggest fan of Nicola and my interest in the greens has been growing for a couple of years now.

Anyhoo, made me interested to see what others have done over the years.