+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kodi Tv streaming

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Android-Lat...30VKJDBBJYMZJF

This is the one I have.

Its cheaper to get one that isnt preloaded, but I found it useful to have at least a decent starting point. I would have given up on it if it wasnt for youtube videos and decent websites explaining how to do it all. Dont be put off though, wayyyy cheaper than SKY and/or BT.

Ordered a Firestick, decided to go down that route, will get Kodi and all the add ons loaded on.

Quote Originally Posted by GlezgaRed View Post

Kodi add-ons is excellent if you want to watch TV shows and films, I watched Arrival last night in 1080p.
    Which add-on did you use to watch Arrival? I am stuck with the mobile phone recording with sound recorded on a gramophone.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    Which add-on did you use to watch Arrival? I am stuck with the mobile phone recording with sound recorded on a gramophone.
    I use exodus for films. Zem TV is great for HQ sports tv.
    Some good stuff on UK Turks it had a great comedy section in it.

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    I use exodus for films. Zem TV is great for HQ sports tv.
    Some good stuff on UK Turks it had a great comedy section in it.
    Same for me with regards films and sport (the football streams have ben very reliable recently).

Getintaethem, I watched Arrival via Exodus.

Much of a muchness between Exodus and SALTS. I have them both installed as if you're searching for something slightly obtuse you might not find it on one but it's usually on the other, so good to have a couple of options. For anything remotely mainstream Exodus is my go-to.

Sportsdevil for finding specific game streams and Phoenix for watching live BT/Sky Sports in near HD.

Should be no bother for anyone to watch films/TV series in full HD, but the live streaming can be a bit hit and miss depending on how big a game it is - Dons games on TV are generally always flawless HD.

If anyone needs any help setting it up just give me a shout as I've done plenty for friends/family.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    Much of a muchness between Exodus and SALTS. I have them both installed as if you're searching for something slightly obtuse you might not find it on one but it's usually on the other, so good to have a couple of options. For anything remotely mainstream Exodus is my go-to.

Sportsdevil for finding specific game streams and Phoenix for watching live BT/Sky Sports in near HD.

Should be no bother for anyone to watch films/TV series in full HD, but the live streaming can be a bit hit and miss depending on how big a game it is - Dons games on TV are generally always flawless HD.

If anyone needs any help setting it up just give me a shout as I've done plenty for friends/family.
    I may well take you up on that offer, ILJ.

That said, some good stuff on YouTube, Solo Man, for example

Do Kodi boxes need a satellite dish or can you just connect them to your wifi router?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Do Kodi boxes need a satellite dish or can you just connect them to your wifi router?
    No you can run Kodi on a PC, an Amazon firestick or a bunch of other things. All connect to the Internet via a wifi router. You can get ones with Kodi already installed on some boxes or just buy a firestick and install it yourself. It is pretty simple if you follow the instructions on videos on the Internet.

If you want to get a box, here is a link to a review site.

http://www.techradar.com/news/home-c...s-2016-1320206

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    I may well take you up on that offer, ILJ.

That said, some good stuff on YouTube, Solo Man, for example

Feel free mate. Apparently there's a PM function on here but I've not seen it!? I'd recommend the Amazon Fire TV Box as it's still really small and powerful, but the sticks are generally reliable enough (I've got 2).

Also the sticks come with a USB and plug adapter for power (like a phone charger), but I just plugged mine into the USB port on the TVs and they've powered them fine.

I've been thinking for a while that it's only a matter of time until Google try to break into the subscription streaming market - not sure whether they'll start a new brand or introduce 'YouTube Premium' or something like that.
    Last edited by ILikeJam; 14-02-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast