+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kodi Tv streaming

Kodi Tv streaming

Heard a lot of people speaking about this, how you can watch live streamed footy games at 3pm on a saturday, and how loads of folk watched the celtic game the other night, for example, on one of these bitches.

What do you actually need, hardware and software wise? Do they just plug into your HDMI socket on your telly?

If you already have a Smart TV, do you need the additional hardware, or could you get access to the streams on your telly already, with addtional software?

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Heard a lot of people speaking about this, how you can watch live streamed footy games at 3pm on a saturday, and how loads of folk watched the celtic game the other night, for example, on one of these bitches.

What do you actually need, hardware and software wise? Do they just plug into your HDMI socket on your telly?

If you already have a Smart TV, do you need the additional hardware, or could you get access to the streams on your telly already, with addtional software?
    Ive got it through the Amazon fire stick but you can get it through a smart tv as well, the best thing to do is google it there are loads of step by step guides which makes it easier as it can be a bit of fecking about to start with. Once you know what you are doing you can watch pretty much anything. Phoenix is the best add on imo.

So if you have a Smart TV, can you download the Kodi software then off you go? Does Phoenix work in conjunction with Kodi?

The problem is there is so many different boxes out there to choose from. I got one (A QBox I think it was) and it is a bit of a hassle to get it set up although like Rico says there is plenty of step-by-step guides online. Once I got it set up and got used to it I found it was brilliant for films and tv shows but it very rarely landed me a good stream of any football. Too much buffering and freezing to make it usable.

They say the sat receivers are the better option (google z gemma boxes for more details) they are about 60-70 quid and can plug in to your existing sky dish if you have one.

For streaming I use my laptop on the google chrome browser with ******* to stop all the pop-ups. Can easy send the picture over to my tv with chromecast. It's never let me down.

So yeah kodi is worthwhile but can be a bit hit and miss for live football streaming. Be prepared to spend a fair bit of time tinkering with it until you get it set up.

So if you have a Smart TV, can you download the Kodi software then off you go? Does Phoenix work in conjunction with Kodi?
    Not sure about the smart tv bit of it. I never use mine as it is too much of a yolk typing and that with the remote control. Think of phoenix as an app you can download once you have your box. Phoenix will group all the films and tv shows and that in to one so it is much easier for you to find what you are looking for.

I got the Amazon TV Fire Stick which is cheap - simply plug and play into the HDMI - although you would have to sideload Kodi if i remember
    Although i would recommend paying a little extra and get the Android Set Top boxes (many come with Kodi pre-installed)- more memory etc etc - plenty on Amazon.

I watched Redtv stream - some buffering but overrall it's ok - (my sky box router wifi is rubbish)

As for add on's plenty to choose from

Exodus
    UK Turk
    SportsDevil

Too name just a few
    Last edited by The_Verninator; 03-02-2017 at 03:57 PM.

I use a Firestick with Kodi and Mobdro sideloaded on, I watched the game on Wednesday night in near perfect HD quality (Celtic TV feed for RedTV) with no issues.
    Firestick is the way to go if you just want a plug and play for moving about the house i.e use living room then unplug and plug in bedroom TV.

You will nearly always get an SD quality RedTV stream for Saturday 3pm games, if you want to watch the EPL etc then I will watch via the US channels and you'll get near HD quality.

Download Mobdro (live streaming) to your phone/tablet for starters as its a straight forward download and this will give you a feel from what you can expect sports wise.

Kodi add-ons is excellent if you want to watch TV shows and films, I watched Arrival last night in 1080p.

At work this now and one of the guys is loading Kodi plus builds onto some boxes for folk in work and friends, its very easy and plenty of Youtube videos out there to help you along.

It doesnt work on all smart TV's. I have a Samsung and it doesn't allow the downloading of Kodi. I think the only ones that work are those with Android driven software like LG's.

I bought a pre-loaded box from Android. Cost me £40 and i got a keyboard with it too. Took me fricken ages to work out how to use it properly, but rather than be stubborn and i went online and read some guides on installing repositories etc. I mainly use it for movies and TV series (using Exodus or SALTS). For live TV I use Modbro and few others. Pheonix occasionally has some good sports links. I used to use Wookie as the main platform but switched to TvAddons and i really like it.

Can take some time to get your head around, but once you get going its fairly simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    It doesnt work on all smart TV's. I have a Samsung and it doesn't allow the downloading of Kodi. I think the only ones that work are those with Android driven software like LG's.

I bought a pre-loaded box from Android. Cost me £40 and i got a keyboard with it too. Took me fricken ages to work out how to use it properly, but rather than be stubborn and i went online and read some guides on installing repositories etc. I mainly use it for movies and TV series (using Exodus or SALTS). For live TV I use Modbro and few others. Pheonix occasionally has some good sports links. I used to use Wookie as the main platform but switched to TvAddons and i really like it.

Can take some time to get your head around, but once you get going its fairly simple.
    So, something like this?

https://www.streaming-go.com/product...FYWfGwodbQ8COA

Yep, but unless you're totally hopeless with computer stuff i'd recommend just buying the Firestick from Amazon at £35 and do it yourself.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast