+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6 Nations 2017

I occasionally tell people, "My worst day out on the hills is always better than my best day at work".

I'm certain that substituting the words 'fitba' and 'rugby' would also apply.

Get the caviar from the picnic basket in the Range Rover, Torquil, there's a good fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by kb_don View Post
    Football could learn from the bonus point system too. Both teams have an incentive to keep attacking for the full game - so you rarely get a team taking the lead and then seeing out the remainder of the match.
    Send an email to Marco Van Basketcase, im sure he would agree with you

I was at Murrayfield yesterday. Brilliant game and fantastic atmosphere.
    Decent food, and being able to have a pint in the stadium adds so much to the matchday experience - football could learn a lot.
    You weren't the bloke on the telly with tears in his eyes? I mean, I wanted us to win but ffs

We were pretty clinical first half and professionally finished the game off. But at times in the second half it got very worrying. Fagerson did well playing the full 80, actually all the forwards did well. Laidlaw and Hogg were the best of the backs.

Stephen Jones in his Lions watch in the Sunday Times had Kearney playing better than Hogg, Ritchie playing better than Johnny Gray and CJ Stander having a mare. I suspect he was trying to be controversial as I couldn't disagree with him more.

I was at Murrayfield yesterday. Brilliant game and fantastic atmosphere.
    Decent food, and being able to have a pint in the stadium adds so much to the matchday experience - football could learn a lot.

Hogg's second try was a wonderful dummy. The third try was the rugby equivalent of the Strachan/McMaster freekick against Bayern - pretending your doing one thing, so the defence switches off.

Football could learn from the bonus point system too. Both teams have an incentive to keep attacking for the full game - so you rarely get a team taking the lead and then seeing out the remainder of the match.

At the moment, Scottish rugby is on a high.
    With corruption in the SFA+SPFL, Celtic financially out of site, and a depressing national team, I'm struggling to enjoy football these days.
    Went to a Scotland V Ireland game a few years back when Ireland won the triple crown was bored out of my t*ts. **** atmosphere queue a mile deep to get a beer opposing fans in a big love-in with home fans and 95% of the folk without a clue as to how the scoring works and why penalties were given. Give me the tribal nature and the simplicity of the game of fitba any day.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    You weren't the bloke on the telly with tears in his eyes? I mean, I wanted us to win but ffs

We were pretty clinical first half and professionally finished the game off. But at times in the second half it got very worrying. Fagerson did well playing the full 80, actually all the forwards did well. Laidlaw and Hogg were the best of the backs.

Stephen Jones in his Lions watch in the Sunday Times had Kearney playing better than Hogg, Ritchie playing better than Johnny Gray and CJ Stander having a mare. I suspect he was trying to be controversial as I couldn't disagree with him more.
    Stephen Jones is a numpty, there is always a heap of letters in the Sunday Times slagging him off.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I'd struggle to name three of the Scottish FITBA team now, min.

Three players? I can name the whole team.

There is that player that used to play for Rangers, who went down south and can't get a game down there, that player who used to play for Rangers that went down south and has gone from a good team to progressively worse teams and obviously you could not forget that player who used to play for Rangers that went down south who plays for a no mark team and none of their supporters rate him in any way.

then there is any Scottish players who have played at least 2 games for Celtic.

and that foreign player whose great great grandfather once had a piss next to a guy whose friend had *** with a girl whose father worked with a guy from Montrose.

bloody good team that. cannot believe we are ****e.

Quote Originally Posted by Moraygub View Post
    Went to a Scotland V Ireland game a few years back when Ireland won the triple crown was bored out of my t*ts. **** atmosphere queue a mile deep to get a beer opposing fans in a big love-in with home fans and 95% of the folk without a clue as to how the scoring works and why penalties were given. Give me the tribal nature and the simplicity of the game of fitba any day.
    I am convinced that at scrums the referee has no idea who pulled the scrum down or turned it.

trick I learned with the beer is to buy 3 pints instead of one... drink one on your way back to your seat, drink one at your seat and drink the third queuing for three more beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    I am convinced that at scrums the referee has no idea who pulled the scrum down or turned it.

trick I learned with the beer is to buy 3 pints instead of one... drink one on your way back to your seat, drink one at your seat and drink the third queuing for three more beers.
    ...and then spend most of the game apologising to all the folk in your row having to stand every 5 minutes so you can go for another p!sh.

France on Sunday. Scrum will again come under some pressure as the french pack looks massive but hopefully we will have enough mobility around the field to tire the fat (unts out

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post

Scrum will again come under some pressure as the french pack looks massive but hopefully we will have enough mobility around the field to tire the fat (unts out
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Agreed
    ffs, I can't say anything on here about rugby without you sticking your sarky oar in.

I left my darts and sunglasses case at the pub by the way

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast