+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6 Nations 2017

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    come see me at the SS Stand next home game

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Scrum ruined us today. Finn wasn't very good but we are sacrificing possession and penalties at every scrum and we are becoming known as a soft touch.
    I did not watch the full game as penalties really annoy me. 3 points for someone touching the ball when he thinks he can seems excessive considering the amount of work a team does to get a try. I would stop kicking at the goal completely and the team can only kick to the corner flag and give them that throw in whatsit.

Scotland were near their goal line (try line?) and there was a scrum. France were penalised for turning the scrum and Scotland got a penalty. The commentator said that it was a clear infringement cos the French guy at the back was driving sideways. On the replay I saw his feet were at an angle and we was driving the scrum around.

Five minutes later, France had a scrum. I knew this rule and so watched that player. He did exactly the same thing, driving sideways. Ref blew. I thought, great penalty to Scotland. No - penalty to France - 3 points.

One of the commentators did pick up on it, to be fair, but the other one said, it was because France were straighter. But he was still turning the scrum. So, he was less successful in his cheating, but did turn the scrum and put sideways pressure on it and France got a penalty. Scotland may have done something, but surely, if there is sideways pressure on the scrum then it is harder to handle.

I have come to the conclusion that the rules are like the emperors new clothes. No one is willing to say that they have not a clue why half the penalties are awarded etc. and just accept the decisions of the refs. Commentators thought France had a try cos he had a fingertip on the ball - it was a certainty that they would get it in their minds watching the replays. On replay, no award cos he was deemed to have lost control of the ball.

The game is a complete mystery to me.

Well that was a facking shambles, our biggest ever defeat against England.

Indeed abject humiliation and second bottom of the group. For all of the bluster nothing much has changed. At least it is mathematically impossible for us to get the wooden spoon after the last game.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Indeed abject humiliation
    ...or, in fact, lost a game of fitba cheating, that nobody really cares about and few countries, and people within those countries, even plays.

In the pub with my local English landlord during the latter stages of the game, I couldnt give a **** about whatever was happening

England were arrogant for a reason.

Saw bits of the game in the bobbin after the game..
    To be frank it's not of any interest to me don't really care if scotland win or lose.
    Football and athletics for this auld codger .

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    Saw bits of the game in the bobbin after the game..
    To be frank it's not of any interest to me don't really care if scotland win or lose.
    Football and athletics for this auld codger .
    The game was on the box in our Clubhouse after all our games had finished so saw the last 10 mins of the first half, suffered all the usual abuse but as soon as the h-t whistle blew I, being a fine upstanding committee member said, "This is a football club" and turned over to the football results. Fortunately the Woolwich Arse game was on at 5:15 so was spared further indignity of watching us being completely pumped.

GIRUY guffs. Nae grand slam or consecutive win record for you

Their luck finally ran out, they did have very jammy wins against Wales & France

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast