+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High street bookies

High street bookies

Were I live there's a Mark Jarvis, nearby there's William Hill & Betfred. It's Ladbrokes Coral now isn't it is that still a high street bookies or just online.

Just looked at odds on 2 races can't see Ladbrokes Coral there.

I'll only back in a bookies won't have an account. Done that no more it's to easy.

Only use Internet accounts as convenient,anonymous and always get the SP if better than the price taken

If yr a gambler like me it's to dangerous having an account. I go out drinking as well so then the brain is disengaged [ what brain I've got! ]

That's my golden rule now stick to a limit you can afford to lose & only back at a bookies.

Miles more value online though.

Why take 8/1 for a treble when you can get 12/1 online.

Plus as Kempo says you get best odds online. If you back something that drifts in the betting you get the bigger price, if it shortens you get the price you backed it at.

You only get that on best odds races in the bookies, normally 5 or 6 races a day out of 24-30.

Online its EVERY race every day.

If you don't trust yourself set a limit to what you can afford to punt, owt between £5 and £10'000 a day.

That way if you punt when p!ssed, which you should never do btw, you'll only lose what you feel you can afford to, a decision you made when sober.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Miles more value online though.

Why take 8/1 for a treble when you can get 12/1 online.

Plus as Kempo says you get best odds online. If you back something that drifts in the betting you get the bigger price, if it shortens you get the price you backed it at.

You only get that on best odds races in the bookies, normally 5 or 6 races a day out of 24-30.

Online its EVERY race every day.

If you don't trust yourself set a limit to what you can afford to punt, owt between £5 and £10'000 a day.

That way if you punt when p!ssed, which you should never do btw, you'll only lose what you feel you can afford to, a decision you made when sober.
    Just out of interest Riley, which online bookie do you recommend?
    I'm thinking of having an online account but just wondered if one particular bookie was better than the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Just out of interest Riley, which online bookie do you recommend?
    I'm thinking of having an online account but just wondered if one particular bookie was better than the rest.
    They're all much the same, you sometimes getter better odds on football on some, horses on another but it generally evens itself out, i'm on betfair and willy hill, but my limit is a tenner a week regardless of winnings etc

Thanks a lot MM.

I don't back that often but my min' stake is £100. I've had an account but It was to easy & I was losing more than I was winning. So closed that years ago. Do ok now don't /can't go above the limit I'm prepared to lose.

I think in the case of gwru, it's better he doesn't have an online account. He has clearly had issues with gambling more than he should online, as, like he says, it's much easier to do. And I've been there too, when having a drink, betting on daft things and wasting money.

But there's money to be made by signing up with all the bookmakers and taking advantage of all their new customer offers. Just Google it and you will see there are loads on offer. I'm already a member with all having taken advantage of their offers.

But if you also Google "Matched Betting", taking advantage of these offers you can guarantee yourself a fair few hundred quid profit, with literally zero risk. And I'm not exaggerating, just look into it.

I'm from the old school. Just back at the bookies now, never stop in there.

Lotto is my main bet. That's only way I'll win anything worth winning.
    Last edited by gwru; 06-02-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast