+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worse than under Davis

I really do appreciate some posters hoping for our academy graduates to make the grade. Hopefully in the future this will actually happen.

But I feel that a reality check is called for. Currently we have Calum Cooke on loan who is just a young lad, a lot younger than most of our current academy graduates. To be honest this young lads passion effort and workrate is far in excess of our own youngsters. If our young plyers really want to make the grade they really have to up their efforts.

Well said , that's the standard they have to reach

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    I really do appreciate some posters hoping for our academy graduates to make the grade. Hopefully in the future this will actually happen.

But I feel that a reality check is called for. Currently we have Calum Cooke on loan who is just a young lad, a lot younger than most of our current academy graduates. To be honest this young lads passion effort and workrate is far in excess of our own youngsters. If our young plyers really want to make the grade they really have to up their efforts.
    Callum Cooke's a good player; he's doing well; he's also older than Kirk, Ainley, Lowery & Wintle. He's 20; they'll each become 20 by the end of the year.

Yes they will be 20 by the end of the year but the big question is will they be better players and will we still be in the football league . Only time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by bigroof View Post
    Callum Cooke's a good player; he's doing well; he's also older than Kirk, Ainley, Lowery & Wintle. He's 20; they'll each become 20 by the end of the year.
    I think Callum Cooke is in a totally different league to the above mentioned players......well he will be one day!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    I think Callum Cooke is in a totally different league to the above mentioned players......well he will be one day!
    You may well be right jimmy, but I was merely pointing out to the poster, ruocul, that he is by no means "a lot younger than most of our current academy graduates"

Sounded worse than anything we ever had to suffer under Davis.

Well that was something they would not have achieved under Davis.
    Brilliant result.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123