+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warney's admission

Warney's admission

The players can't do any better says Warne.

http://itsmillerstime.co.uk/rotherha...-their-limits/

Depressingly familiar stuff.
    We all know the players aren't good enough, that's been obvious for most of the season.
    I feel sorry for Warney because he doesn't want to be in the position he's been put in and has clearly run out of ideas and things to say.

I think we all feel for him and the situation he's in but I don't ever remember getting a report card from school that said "5/10 Can't do any better!". They can do better and could do without being given the excuse that they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think we all feel for him and the situation he's in but I don't ever remember getting a report card from school that said "5/10 Can't do any better!". They can do better and could do without being given the excuse that they can't.
    That's partly what I meant about PW running out of things to say.
    He's told us so many times that he can't ask any more of the players. Well he can and he should. It's called motivation but then again PW must find it very hard to motivate himself in his current predicament.
    I wonder if TS has noticed what's going on.

"can't " wasn't a word when I was a kid

Its how you use them . Get a manager in ffs

The worrying thing isn't.....

"That's partly what I meant about PW running out of things to say."

The worrying part is PW is running out of things to do !

It just isn't fair to PW this....he's a top fitness guy - he's trained himself and gone to bed for years thinking of ideas how to get players fit in different ways that make training better and interesting.

We'll football managers go to bed for years thinking of ways how to beat football teams. They study:

Football managers - EVO thought he was a Fergie minny-me !

Football styles - systems - players motivation - psychology - matches - everything pertaining to winning football matches.....

The best ones have experience and that experience costs big money.

But managers at any stage of their careers are still mad keen and always one step ahead - ready with an appropriate speach or change in formation.....something to effect the outcome of a game !

We have not got that !

The players know Warney as a pal.....he can't give them a good bollo###g can he!

Plus - he doesn't have the depth of knowledge - experience to tell the team what to do....it'll end up like a pub team saying "I don't wanna play full back".

We need someone and we need someone quick !

No such thing as can't ...... can't means WON'T ....... its a choice not an excuse

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    The worrying thing isn't.....

"That's partly what I meant about PW running out of things to say."

The worrying part is PW is running out of things to do !

It just isn't fair to PW this....he's a top fitness guy - he's trained himself and gone to bed for years thinking of ideas how to get players fit in different ways that make training better and interesting.

We'll football managers go to bed for years thinking of ways how to beat football teams. They study:

Football managers - EVO thought he was a Fergie minny-me !

Football styles - systems - players motivation - psychology - matches - everything pertaining to winning football matches.....

The best ones have experience and that experience costs big money.

But managers at any stage of their careers are still mad keen and always one step ahead - ready with an appropriate speach or change in formation.....something to effect the outcome of a game !

We have not got that !

The players know Warney as a pal.....he can't give them a good bollo###g can he!

Plus - he doesn't have the depth of knowledge - experience to tell the team what to do....it'll end up like a pub team saying "I don't wanna play full back".

We need someone and we need someone quick !
    Unusual I know, but I can't disagree with any of that lbj.
    What the hell is going on? 😊