+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coyle dangerously reveals missed targets

Coyle dangerously reveals missed targets

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...nuary/?ref=mac

Now is this a message given approval by senior or is it Coyle repelling against his employers?
    Not a great move by Coyle if it is a swipe at senior and venkys.

As with every thing else with the club, it's all speculative opinionising (if there's such a word), in that until Senior 'shows his hand' it's hard to say how to take this.
    At present my view is that he is getting this 'swipe' in before he gets his marching orders and with it the now mandatory keep your mouth shut clause.
    Question is: why should we be really concerned if this man is 1) not our preferred choice and 2) widely regarded as 'not up to it'.
    Hence Senior may be doing what we all would do in his 'position'. A clever plan (of Seniors) would surely have a ready made better (?) candidate in the wings awaiting his induction. Is this the case ???
    Then again, it's been yet another short term appointment, followed by another? And another?

As I say, have any of us come to any opinion of the man Senior yet (who's missus is a agent!) ? In current circumstances re FA review etc., a little 'too close to home' ?

Sorry about all the question marks, but since Venkys arrived they've been of epidemic proportions.

To be honest, Despair, these comments make me feel a sort of sneaking admiration for Coyle. At least it's not the usual bland, content-free "manager-speak".
    As you say, it makes it likely that Coyle knows there is an internal plan to get rid of him, so he is getting his retaliation in first! And, fair enough, too. If Venky's feel he needs to go, why on earth bring in someone (Senior) to make it a gradual process? Surely a clean cut would have been better. None of us would like the thought that a new appointee as Director of Football had a hatchet in his inside pocket - its victim already identified.
    We will probably never know if Coyle could have done a decent job under normal circumstances. After all, he has been working under financial restraints that have made his task much more difficult.
    Will any other decent candidate emerge who is willing to accept the current restrictions? Who knows? Football-managers as a species do tend to have a surplus of self-confidence, but Ewood really has become a minefield.

Re: your last line;
    If we step outside of the B&W 'bubble', I just wonder how much harm is actually put upon the ex/removed managers given as you say it's not the easiest gig going?
    For example Coyle currently, my guess is deep down he grabbed this as his best/only opportunity to re-establish himself as a credible 2nd tier manager. Ok, he is successful (keeps us up), - job done. On the other hand he falters. BUT, this is Venkys he's working for. Well, ALL others have also failed so no real harm done, and he's topped his bank balance up.
    It's the 'game' that is played out at an increasing number of clubs in this modern era.
    For me it's the common man/supporter who are taken for mugs these days. This at the higher levels, filtering down from the Sky elite.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)