+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Dundee United

Let's hope so.

I'm presuming Hamill will play instead of Mercer . Hamill's match fitness could well be a problem though as he didn't look that fit EVEN when playing every week nevermind after a spell of losing his place. Other contenders to start with Thomson and Rankin unavailable are Lyle , Dykes and Carmichael. I liked the look of young Connor Murray ? when he came on recently .

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I'm presuming Hamill will play instead of Mercer . Hamill's match fitness could well be a problem though as he didn't look that fit EVEN when playing every week nevermind after a spell of losing his place. Other contenders to start with Thomson and Rankin unavailable are Lyle , Dykes and Carmichael. I liked the look of young Connor Murray ? when he came on recently .

Wonder if the manager will be tempted to play Hamill in midfield and play a back four of Higgins , Dowie , Brownlie & Marshall

That's a possibility Arrol . The manager said he has been working on different formations for this match so maybe even a 352 ?

Long overdue a victory at Palmy over the Arabs - got to go back 55 years to a season when we played them 5 times - 2 in the league and 3 Scottish Cup ties (2 replays). Our solitary win was the 1 - 0 league victory at home.

We should play with no fear and have a go at Dundee United tomorrow. Although we have a few influential players missing we have Dom Thomas on one side and Danny on the other flank to have a real go at their defence as well as Lyle and Dobbie in attack. If the players are fully up for this, which they should be, I fancy a victory and another Cup Final to enjoy. Mon the South

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    We should play with no fear and have a go at Dundee United tomorrow. Although we have a few influential players missing we have Dom Thomas on one side and Danny on the other flank to have a real go at their defence as well as Lyle and Dobbie in attack. If the players are fully up for this, which they should be, I fancy a victory and another Cup Final to enjoy. Mon the South
    Some genuine width available there as you say Spike . I'm really looking forward to it now . Let's stay with the team throughout no matter what. We have shown some real fighting qualities since Naysmith arrived and even when going behind , the team has bounced back and scored . This certainly hasn't always been the case .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 17-02-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Two weeks has passed quickly and the big game is now here which I can`t wait for.
    This will be tough but I really think we can win tonight.

Come on Queens

First time I have been disappointed in Naysmith. Would have thought Carmichael and Dykes would have been certs to start. Very slack play by Hamill and Higgins in the first two goals and they normally wouldn't be playing . I feared we couldn't cope without those three aforementioned players and unfortunately am being proved correct . Don't think we have helped ourselves in selections either. In a horrendous mood now

Carmichael is gutter. He adds nothing to the team. Dead cert for the exit at the end of the season.
    The only slight criticism of today i have is for the substitution, he should imo have taken Lyle off and replaced him with Dykes and left Murray on.

We gifted them their goals but we were by far the better team. Top marks for the efforts especially the 2nd half. Another 10 minutes of that game and we would have pulled it back.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)