+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Dundee United

I just think history repeats itself too often in our case - no matter that personnel changes - and it's unprofessional in the extreme . You have to put your best team out to give yourself your greatest chance of winning the game . Instead of playing Hamill right back , we had to move a centre half across to play there ( Brownlie) and then play someone in the centre of midfield ( Hamill) who can't run . It was clearly evident from almost the first whistle that it wouldn't work . I would have had Dykes in there to at least make a nuisance of himself , even if he hadn't played there before . Really sore at the moment . Game was lost early on and frankly didn't matter that we came back after the break. There was too much to do and an ordinary side ( on the day) beats us at home.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 18-02-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Calamitous defending cost Queens the game today as we were clearly the better team of the 90 minutes. When Dobbie missed from close range by skying the ball high over the bar when it was 3-1 the game was lost. Had that went in at that moment when we were really building up the pressure and had plenty of time left we would have went on to win. The biggest plus for me other than the fighting spirit was the emergence of young Murray especially in the first half and the minus was that the Higgins/Dowie centre half pairing is forever finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Calamitous defending cost Queens the game today as we were clearly the better team of the 90 minutes. When Dobbie missed from close range by skying the ball high over the bar when it was 3-1 the game was lost. Had that went in at that moment when we were really building up the pressure and had plenty of time left we would have went on to win. The biggest plus for me other than the fighting spirit was the emergence of young Murray especially in the first half and the minus was that the Higgins/Dowie centre half pairing is forever finished.
    Maybe knowing the Dowie/ Higgins partnership is finished is a good thing Spike instead of a bad one. I feel easier getting this off the chest online. A normally easy going person , Queens have always been my achilles heel and I won't change now at my age as am a terrible loser as far as our results go .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 18-02-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Naysmith will get shot of the deadwood next season . It's time some players moved on or retired

Quote Originally Posted by basher60 View Post
    Naysmith will get shot of the deadwood next season . It's time some players moved on or retired
    Very good servant Higgins needs to move down a league . I would keep a hold of Dowie unless we can get someone better in as him and Brownlie are a decent pairing. Mercer is younger , far fitter than Hamill and so Jaime should be let go as well . I could think of others but these two come immediately to mind

I hate to keep banging on about Robinson's kicking but it does nothing for the confidence of the defence. Naysmith mentioned it in the post TV interview. Lee made two horrendous clearances in the opening exchanges which set the pattern of the hesitancy at the back and the awful first and second goals. If we have a goalkeeping coach then extra sessions for Lee on Monday is a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Carmichael is gutter. He adds nothing to the team. Dead cert for the exit at the end of the season.
    The only slight criticism of today i have is for the substitution, he should imo have taken Lyle off and replaced him with Dykes and left Murray on.

We gifted them their goals but we were by far the better team. Top marks for the efforts especially the 2nd half. Another 10 minutes of that game and we would have pulled it back.
    Saying Carmichael is gutter is a below the belt comment. He has his limitations particularly his final ball but he does drag defenders all over the place and is a handful for any defence. He was by no means Queens worst player last night and once he recovers from his injury he will still do a job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Saying Carmichael is gutter is a below the belt comment. He has his limitations particularly his final ball but he does drag defenders all over the place and is a handful for any defence. He was by no means Queens worst player last night and once he recovers from his injury he will still do a job for us.
    I agree entirely and for someone to make a judgement saying that Danny is gutter after an appearance of a few minutes is deplorable.

Yesterday's goal means Dobbie is equal with Billy Houliston on 74 goals

Different era altogether and entirely opposites as players but for the record Basher played 155 games to reach 74 and the Dobmeister 134.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)