+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tony stewart has pumped £35 million into rufc.

Looking at this with perspective Tony Stewart via his companies has probably put in 35m. The sponsorship amounts will be ASD, I'd be amazed if sponsored RUFC personally, the ground is owned by RUFC estates and the money spent on this project has been swapped for an asset worth I would imagine the same or more if sold. Also if TS did step down he could keep the ground and rent it to generate an income, not sure what the football club is worth but on balance if he sold up I don't think he would be out of pocket.

I'm no accountant but my understanding of the situation is that ASD Lighting Holdings Limited is a non-trading company incorporating Rotherham United Football Club (RUFC) Limited and ASD Lighting plc. Accounts show that RUFC leases assets from R U Estates Limited, a company whose sole asset is NYS, amounting to just over £1m per annum. All the companies are owned by Tony Stewart, or perhaps it's more correct to say A R Stewart is a Director of those companies.

I'm not sure if all the £1+m paid by RUFC is classed as rent but a substantial proportion must be. Neither do I know what TS's long term aims might be. He could, for example, bequeath NYS to Rotherham United once his investment has been repaid giving us a wholly-owned asset. But why should he.

As things stand there is no Rotherham United outwith the control of TS, no independent assets, nor resources. If people see that as us being 'done up like a kipper', maybe, but isn't it a price worth paying for enjoying our football in the NYS? Obviously, questions can be raised about uncertainties beyond TS but... who knows.

As I said, I'm no expert, so if anybody can add anything to this by way of clarification or repudiation...

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    To be fair to supporters.Some are just questioning how this figure came about. A lot of people on here and other forums hold financial positions in their jobs. Some have indicated that they have written business plans before. Some are company owners themselves.

None of these people I talk of were approached by the council in an attempt for them to take over the ownership of club but that doesn't stop them having good basic business sense. Neither does it make them fickle supporters for raising points they see as incorrect (a bit like my spelling).

A lot of the frustration comes from the inactivity of the NYS project which through RMBC has given cause for concern in regards to the inability of RU Estates to raise the funds needed for their part of the flood defences around the stadium.
    The lack of investment in the car park pops its head up now and then as men in yellow jackets are seen walking arround with spray cans now and then.

The threat to British Heritage regarding the Guest and Crimes building raised hope of the matter being resolved came with a cheer from fans but the 16 months threat of an invester that Tony Stewart had waiting in the wings walking away seems to have died down. No communication on that matter.

The empty units around the ground which most fans can see as a wasted opertunity to raise income still goes on.

The £3m sponsorship of ADS holdings may be tax deductable and a question needs to be asked if it his own personal money or his limited companies money of which the other shareholders may well be part of that investment.

Most of what I have written are things that have been asked on forums like this for a good few years now. There is nothing new in it apart from Tony Stewarts defence of his spending.

Let's say I have bought a house for £100k I haven't spent £100k. It'll cost me alot more than that in mortgage repayments. In the house I decide to put it up for rent. I charge the renter the same as it costs for my mortgage repayments so in 20 years the house is mine.
    I've got a house for free worth £100k and it hasn't cost me a penny.

Every Rotherham United fan is grateful to Tony Stewart for what he's done for the club but no one deserves to be called fickle for asking questions.
    Frog

No one is fickle for asking questions but they are fickle because they are rubbishing TS st every opportunity without looking at the bigger picture imo.

To call TS a liar and other stuff which I've already listed is showing a clear lack of respect and a basic understanding of what has been achieved.

Yes ask questions and yes challenge stuff but don't disrespect a man who has done so much for our club.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Frog

No one is fickle for asking questions but they are fickle because they are rubbishing TS st every opportunity without looking at the bigger picture imo.

To call TS a liar and other stuff which I've already listed is showing a clear lack of respect and a basic understanding of what has been achieved.

Yes ask questions and yes challenge stuff but don't disrespect a man who has done so much for our club.

UTM
    Agree 100% Yak

Frog

UTM
    Totally agree Yak. Good post.

So lets say he put 20 million up for the stadium.. Thats a asset and lets say 8 million in sponsorship witch cost money anyways and its for his main company .Total 28 million .The rest on propping up wages bills ect. So really hes put 7 million in .Like a previous poster pointed out the company has made money in some seasons, and nobody has put 35 m in according to the accounts .Its like me saying i bought a house and put 150 k in .Iam very grateful as 99.9% of Millers are but some of his statements seem to be clearly a bit off. Just like the "oh we will break a million transfer this season" I will continue to buy my season tickets and travel round the country because its more than life for me this club .Its never easy been a Miller is it !

Frog

UTM
    Totally agree.

I hate the term fickle just because calling someon that without knowing their background is disrespectful. For someone to go to 4 matches a season because that's all they can afford doesn't make them less of a fan than someon who can go to every match.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567