+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of the union

Theresa May has said No to a new referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    That's a bold move, I can't really understand the logic behind it. Surely if you're a Tory/Hun, you'd want this? Unless they're worried about losing

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Except, she hasn't been asked.

Needs to go to Holyrood, Sturgeon will ask for Section 30 order, it'll be approved, and passed to WM.

May once again showing what a ****wit she is.

Nats meltdown in 3, 2, 1...

Ach what else is she to do? She's currently trying to get a deal out of Europe which she and the majority of her party didn't want either. She did also say "we fought wars together" so that's made me feel better either way.

She hasn't said no; she's just avoided the question. Scrambling for time, hoping she can get a way oot o' this mess.

Personally I still cling onto the hope there will not be a Brexit. There are, although at this stage in the minority, political commentators who have suggested that in all likelihood this will drag on for years and in the likely event of us not getting any sort of reasonable deal and the drastic effect the uncertainty will have on the Economy,that when faced with no deal or a terrible deal and a ****e economy to boot that public opinion could change dramatically. If we don't exit the EU then this would withdraw the mandate that the SNP are claiming they have at this stage for a second referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Personally I still cling onto the hope there will not be a Brexit. There are, although at this stage in the minority, political commentators who have suggested that in all likelihood this will drag on for years and in the likely event of us not getting any sort of reasonable deal and the drastic effect the uncertainty will have on the Economy,that when faced with no deal or a terrible deal and a ****e economy to boot that public opinion could change dramatically. If we don't exit the EU then this would withdraw the mandate that the SNP are claiming they have at this stage for a second referendum.
    Now I may be pigeon-holing some Brexit voters here but I don't think that the economic issues were the thoughts paramount in their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    That's a bold move, I can't really understand the logic behind it. Surely if you're a Tory/Hun, you'd want this? Unless they're worried about losing
    That's the problem we aren't sitting on 27% this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    That's the problem we aren't sitting on 27% this time.
    Scotland will be out of the EU before any vote. Stay in the UK Union or leave and try to enter the EU several years to come. The whole basis of the new referendum is based upon grievance, a grievance that the vast majority really do not care enough about to make a difference. So Sturgeon will try another grievance play around not getting a vote before Brexit. Again, not enough people give a damn. People are getting sick and tired of grievance, grievance, grievance. so

Shame her inde play only lasted for a couple days... never mind. Takes focus away for a period of time on how badly the SNP is governing but that wont last for long. The longer the SNP stay in power the lower their support will go and the lower the number of people who will vote for independence.

Lose now or lose later... personally, makes no difference to me.

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast