+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of the union

The reason why Sturgeon's independence referendum based on Brexit strategy wont work...

CLASSIC PSYCHOLOGICAL REACTIONS TO CHANGE

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  53.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You've made an @rse of that in your race to be smug. Want another shot at it?
    People can see exactly who the arse is here on this thread looking at your posts.

I'm kind of stuck between confusion & depression discussing this with you. I'll stop before it's a crisis.

Enjoy partying with the Huns on your special night when it comes

I'm kind of stuck between confusion & depression.
    We know.

discussing this with you
    discussion? That is what you think you are doing... seriously - wow

I'll stop before it's a crisis.
    too late.

Enjoy partying with the Huns on your special night when it comes
    and there we have it. proof for everyone to see --- not for the first time.

Considering there is nothing in Scotland, politically, for the Tories, or from an economic standpoint, you'd have thought Westminster would be well shot of the whingeing Jocks. Evidently not. Hmmm.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-heart-brexit/

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    Yes there are fundamental and incontrovertible differences between Scotland and England. One if called Scotland and one is called England for a start...

however, you said that in response to another posters comment. A comment that I disagree with and therefore it is not incontrovertible by definition.
    So you disagree that "Scotland is drifting apart from "Little England"?
    Once again, that's fine, your call.

Kind of obvious you're wrong, though.
    Hey-ho....... alternatve facts...... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

Kind of obvious you're wrong, though.
    "incontrovertibly"

Quote Originally Posted by ohno View Post
    Watch this space if you think there will be no repercussions.
    I did not say there would be no repercussions. I disagreed with you on your point that there will be a "constitutional crisis". "incontrovertibly" there will be no constitutional crisis as the UK Government are acting within the terms of the agreed process. That is by definition "constitutional", made even more constitutional by the fact that the SNP voted for it in The Scotland Act.

There will be repercussions. These will mostly be from the SNP using it to suck from their grievance bowl.

The SNP say the UK Government should respect the Scottish Parliament's decision calling for another independence referendum. Quite right! Decisions made in the Scottish Parliament should be respected. The UK Government will respect the vote and seek agreement as to when that referendum would be best run for the people of Scotland AND the UK.

So the UK Government will respect the vote in the Scottish Parliament. Surely, given their stance, the SNP also respects votes in the Scottish Parliament.

Hmm, no. They routinely ignore and dismiss votes that go against them in the Scottish Parliament like, for example, the recent vote to repeal the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act. The SNP are saying the UK Government should respect a vote in the Scottish Parliament when they themselves routinely do not respect votes in the Scottish Parliament.

INCONTROVERTIBLE ?

Scotland has the right to be in charge of its own destiny, To make decisions that meets the needs of those working and living here in Scotland and NOT to have those decisions made for us !! Its fundamentally better for us all, if decisions about Scotland's future are taken by the people who care most about Scotland, that is, by the people of Scotland.

That is truly Inconvertible.

Indianconvertible?

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast