+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5-0

5-0

Where did that suddenly come from? Great stuff but when was our last similar win anyone?

Not sure re the last time. But good job DA didn't follow the advice of 'it was out' and dropped George Cooper. Were you IN or OUT of the stadium Itwas?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Not sure re the last time. But good job DA didn't follow the advice of 'it was out' and dropped George Cooper. Were you IN or OUT of the stadium Itwas?
    Like!!
    Cooper was outstanding today.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Like!!
    Yes Cooper was outstanding more proof that the academy is not dead. Pity MikeHasBean has departed I don't think his reflection itwasin will appear either tonight. Early days but a good all round team performance this afternoon, bring on Wycombe, onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Like!!
    He was due to score sometime after 10 weeks of Zero let's see if he can follow it up next week,one swallow and all that. Anyway it's one step back from the edge expect that is progress.

6 weeksish actually since he scored; Boxing Day v Carlisle. But that's progress Itwas/in/out, you were very nearly, sort of, just about thinking of maybe possibly being positive!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    6 weeksish actually since he scored; Boxing Day v Carlisle. But that's progress Itwas/in/out, you were very nearly, sort of, just about thinking of maybe possibly being positive!
    I don't think he/she/it was being positive. Against the force of nature, surely.

For all those who genuinely couldn't make it yesterday (I have different words for those who just didn't bother) on behalf of Channel 5 I'd like to apologise for them not showing the 'goal that wasn't'. Five very good goals (Goal 1 - impossible angle; Goal 2 - a spinning bouncing ball that young Dagnall managed to get in the goal), but it was the halfway-line-lob that got the Main Stand to its collective feet. Cooper glanced up, saw the goalie off his line, smacked the ball with his right foot, and we watched agog as the 'keeper scrambled back to just - and only just - tip it over. What a great day out.

Would have settled for 1-0, but 5-0 has really helped our goal difference too. Great result and the first time in ages that I have felt so positive after a match. Still, we need to build on this. Given the massive boost the result must have given to the players' confidence, I hope we can take another positive step forward against Wycombe and really build momentum to climb up to safety.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester View Post
    For all those who genuinely couldn't make it yesterday (I have different words for those who just didn't bother) on behalf of Channel 5 I'd like to apologise for them not showing the 'goal that wasn't'. Five very good goals (Goal 1 - impossible angle; Goal 2 - a spinning bouncing ball that young Dagnall managed to get in the goal), but it was the halfway-line-lob that got the Main Stand to its collective feet. Cooper glanced up, saw the goalie off his line, smacked the ball with his right foot, and we watched agog as the 'keeper scrambled back to just - and only just - tip it over. What a great day out.
    Google 'Crewe Alex you tube' they show extended highlights, and I would expect the cooper shot to be in there. It usually takes a day for it to be loaded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast