+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A Street Cat named Bob.

A Street Cat named Bob.

Great film 2016 just saw it on Kodi. Well worth the watch .
    True story best seller autobiography made into the film was wondering if our Pacman had seen .
    10/10.

I heard the books decent. I think ill give it a bash as i like cats and i like books

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I heard the books decent. I think ill give it a bash as i like cats and i like books

You won't regret watching the film either pacman loved the story.

Ill give them both a bash in that case.

Buc, managed to aquire the film legally from the net today and then went to Tesco Danestone and spied the book for three quid. Ill report my thoughts back as ill get through them both in the next day or so

Buc, managed to aquire the film legally from the net today and then went to Tesco Danestone and spied the book for three quid. Ill report my thoughts back as ill get through them both in the next day or so
    Nice one pac good to let me know.

Finished the book on the plane. Cats are amazing.

Nae too sure on the boy though. He was a junky waster who didnt want to get a job at the end of the day and still didnt when he found Bob. He usedbBob to get his money instead of getting an actual job which he never bothered his arse doing in the first place.He got lucky he got offered the book deal.Thats my take.

Bob sounds amazing though

Film when i get home

Finished the book on the plane. Cats are amazing.

Nae too sure on the boy though. He was a junky waster who didnt want to get a job at the end of the day and still didnt when he found Bob. He usedbBob to get his money instead of getting an actual job which he never bothered his arse doing in the first place.He got lucky he got offered the book deal.Thats my take.

Bob sounds amazing though

Film when i get home
    He loved the cat though that's very important also have to say he may have been a junky and unemployed but he wasn't without problems. Which I suppose didn't help it's also good to see he's out there helping others who are in the same position he was.
    There's loads of good in the young man.
    I've loads of praise for him . It's not what you once we're it's what you are now.

Watched the film on the plane last night. Completely different to the book

For starters pretty significant things in the film are falsified. Betty is made up, all the **** with his dad is made up as his dad lived in Nottingham and theres a bit about meeting him in Nottingham for a coffee, it was an old cat lady who suggested the free vet in the first place and be got alot of advice from her, yet she doesnt make the film.The one detail that annoyed me the most was Bob was always with him at the drug counciller in the film. He makes a big deal in the book a few times that he would never bring Bob there as he didnt want Bob to have anything to do with his sh@t old life he was trying to eradicate

Alot was real, the woman with the scarvesfor Bob, the bus journeys, the woman asking to buy Bob and him replying about her kid, banned from busking, getting into trouble from big issue (but he didnt get a month suspension in the book). But there was a large amount of Braveheart type truth bends

I like Bob though and its good to see Bob was actually played by Bob

The guy is a very lucky man to land on his feet the way he did though. Hes a junkie who had no intention of ever trying to find a job and is now rich because of his cat