shopify analytics

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pensioner households

pensioner households

Now £20 per week better off than working age households according to the resolution foundation.

When is this madness of the poor young subsidising the better aff auld at the fitba going to end?

Probably never but ill keep posting aboot it.

Hi ya wullie��

Agreed. There are more well off pensioners (% wise) than well off working age people.

Quote Originally Posted by PanLoaf View Post
    Agreed. There are more well off pensioners (% wise) than well off working age people.
    I keep harping on aboot this as its so unjust.

We are pricing the next generation of fans oot the game and the adult price is at another tipping point for a guid few I wud suggest.

For every pensioner with a sweet local authority / police / civil service pension the are ten worrying about switching the heating on .
    I read the report and its skewed by people with 2 or 3 pensions.

This is an aberration which coincided with huge house price rises in England , final salary pensions and before Gordon Brown raped the pensions.

Going forward with the pension age going up and ****e pension schemes the pensioners will be as poverty stricken as the rest of us.

What you going to do means test auld age pensioners before they get the honour to sit and watch the current ****e lol ?

It's not the national convention to give pensioners a discount that's seeing our gates fall it's the abject pish being served up and the complete killing off the Derry by the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I keep harping on aboot this as its so unjust.

We are pricing the next generation of fans oot the game and the adult price is at another tipping point for a guid few I wud suggest.
    Does the statistic not say once housing costs are removed? This would make a big difference since younger people are buying their homes and old folk have probably paid off their mortgage.

As i have said before pensioners should get in free
    as long as they are over 65. They deserve it after
    all the years they have had to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by TOPAZ View Post
    For every pensioner with a sweet local authority / police / civil service pension the are ten worrying about switching the heating on .
    I read the report and its skewed by people with 2 or 3 pensions.

This is an aberration which coincided with huge house price rises in England , final salary pensions and before Gordon Brown raped the pensions.

Going forward with the pension age going up and ****e pension schemes the pensioners will be as poverty stricken as the rest of us.

What you going to do means test auld age pensioners before they get the honour to sit and watch the current ****e lol ?

It's not the national convention to give pensioners a discount that's seeing our gates fall it's the abject pish being served up and the complete killing off the Derry by the board.
    There's not topaz. That's just left wing bull.

Worked in financial services for years and latterly a high street bank, Dundee pensioners ain't any poorer than the rest of the country.

Bank I worked in Dundee was the top area nationally for lump sum investments 7 years on the trot from 2002 to 2009 for the over 60's.

They were queuing oot the door every tax year (Isa season).

Poorest are the young and those with kids generally.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Does the statistic not say once housing costs are removed? This would make a big difference since younger people are buying their homes and old folk have probably paid off their mortgage.
    No sure b cram just going by my own work experience and survey after survey after survey.

The auld have never had it so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Oor Wullie View Post
    As i have said before pensioners should get in free
    as long as they are over 65. They deserve it after
    all the years they have had to pay.
    Aye for suffering ahh they **** teams in the sixties and seventies when they got in for twa buttons and a jam jar.��

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Aye for suffering ahh they **** teams in the sixties and seventies when they got in for twa buttons and a jam jar.��
    LOL Cheered me up immediately thinking of those teams and comparing them with those of today. Wonder what would happen if we went back to 2 full backs, 3 half backs, 2 wingers 2 inside forwards and 1 centre forward. 2-3-2-3.
    That would be something to see

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast