shopify analytics
+ Visit Aston Villa FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This is effing shocking

This is effing shocking

Yes - truly shocking. Shocking not becuase I'm logging in after a nice eve out with Mrs Nuke, but the fact that I'm coming on here to vent when I see we're 3-1 down to Barnsley - at home. A true valentines day massacre. Of enormous proportions.

Jeez something has gone badly wrong at VP / BH in recent weeks, and these signings seem to have done nothing for the team.

Brucie baby - get it sorted quick or we'll be in a relegation battle. Your recent press conferences have done nothing to instil confidence, and whether mathematically you can still get 6th is an irrelevance - start looking the other way lad 'cos that's where we're headed right now.

FFS.

Well after this evenings fiasco there Just might be some questions asked eh ?

Still we are now officially “Top of the League” as the COUNTRIES pessimal performing team in 2017 we have ousted Leicester City from top spot

Also we are the team with the worse disciplinary record too !

We just keep amassing the accolades !

I see Darren Bent got another brace, always liked the guy – shame he left ?

Is that 7 in 6 for the player Lambert bombed out the squad? I actually don't like being a villa supporter anymore. Genuinely. People ask who you support and before you answer there is a sinking feeling in your stomach and the quiet answer of "The villa... Yeah I know. We are ****e. Yeah. Its a load of reasons really..."

We're badly missing Jedi and selling Westwood is proving to be a mistake along with Adama and Sanchez. Hogan seems to be a waste of money too and surely we could have got a better keeper than Johnstone, I'm sure stateside would have done a better job for 1k pw. Bruce said our side was disjointed but looks even more disjointed now.
    On the positive side Kodjia scored again and Green looked decent and should start every week now. I think this proves that Gabby and Westwood were not the problem. Anyone still blaming MON?

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    We're badly missing Jedi and selling Westwood is proving to be a mistake along with Adama and Sanchez. Hogan seems to be a waste of money too and surely we could have got a better keeper than Johnstone, I'm sure stateside would have done a better job for 1k pw. Bruce said our side was disjointed but looks even more disjointed now.
    On the positive side Kodjia scored again and Green looked decent and should start every week now. I think this proves that Gabby and Westwood were not the problem. Anyone still blaming MON?
    not going like your arrogant lot said it will is it.

That's not quite true is it you gloating moron. Many predicted it would difficult this season and were right.

This was another really great result for us, and all of a sudden we're forgetting who Connor Hourihane is/was. Has he not started well then for your lot ?
    I think our double scorer Tom Bradshaw (who we got from Walsall) is a Villa fan at heart, and you could tell how much it meant to him.

That's not quite true is it you gloating moron. Many predicted it would difficult this season and were right.
    Those that did predict it would be a difficult league are indeed right but you were not one of them. I seem to recall you buying in to the claim by your Chairman that in 3-5 years AVFC would be at the same level as Real Madrid or Barcelona.

10 years and we will.

Well I'm really worried about the Newcastle game now! We could get a right tonking 5 or 6? What will that do for the players confidence?
    Steve Bruce has lost it, he is flying blind and going down fast.even if adopts the 6 across the back we will get spanked. I really thought Bruce was the answer but if cannot motivate the new guys we are in Trouble!!!!

The problem was the January window. Despite signing some decent players our team is now weaker. We loaned out Gollini and brought in a worse keeper, we sold Westwood and don't have Jedi available and has now left the spine of the team weak. That's why we're loosing imo

Bang on Bongo, Surely January was about strengthening not weakening or experimenting!

It is obvious to see that a Goalkeeper should have been the number one target, Hogan looks shockingly poor so we might as well have stayed with Ayew or Gestede if not both. Westwood brought a bit of calm with his crabbing but never panicked or played out of position. We as a team look lost as if they had just med 5 minutes before kick off, it is what a pub team used to do!! Just not good enough.

Please give Scott Hogan and Conor Hourahane a chance. I can see good things from those 2 in particular

10 years and we will.
    Bongo. Ewe are deluded.

Ewe're Baa-rmy

Will any of you lot on here give credit to where its due eh just for once, and thats to BARNSLEY Fc. Instead of making out that you were just sh*it again or maybe were even unlucky again etc..

We (Barnsley) have to put up with this attitude everytime now in this Champship, and believe me it makes a refreshing change to see/hear fans take defeat fairly instead of making ludicrous excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Bongo. Ewe are deluded.

Ewe're Baa-rmy
    It's our chairman who said it not the fans.

The problem was the January window. Despite signing some decent players our team is now weaker. We loaned out Gollini and brought in a worse keeper, we sold Westwood and don't have Jedi available and has now left the spine of the team weak. That's why we're loosing imo
    The situation is beginning to look rather worrying. The influx of new players is having far from the desired effect and makes one begin to question the judgement of those responsible for the signings. Despite the carping of some, the club made a big mistake in selling Westwood and Ayew.

Unfortunatly have to agree with that fiddler. It was villa fans who hounded Westwood out as well. I think the signings were ok apart from the keeper but not what we needed right now.

Unfortunatly have to agree with that fiddler. It was villa fans who hounded Westwood out as well. I think the signings were ok apart from the keeper but not what we needed right now.

Again, have to agree chaps.

Our club is now like the American presidency, we have a man in charge who some wanted and some didn't. we are making decisions while not thinking them through, making changes before trying or talking about them. Sacking staff and booting people out who do not believe in the new rules. Run by a man who has silly money but very little experience in running the club / country. At times embarrassing, some times mean and 'Lets do it' mode but fading fast and the populous getting increasing worried, scared even at the thought of another dip in the market or even a recession (double dip) this all leaves us the fans shouting over nothing, bitching a fighting with each other calling for change but on we all go waiting for the next bout of rhetoric which sounds good but comes to nothing, Bruce at this rate has as much chance of being sacked as Trump being shot I'm afraid!!
    Careful what you wish for comes to mind!!