+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Lowe

Ryan Lowe

Contract terminated with immediate effect and to join Bury as a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust View Post
    Contract terminated with immediate effect and to join Bury as a coach.
    Tricky one, you don't want a player who doesn't want to be there but it's definitely a shame to lose someone who can score goals.

On the plus side it might give a chance to Saunders or Udoh and hopefully free a bit of money up to bring in a player.

Sour grapes or what,he`s got a mouth he should have spoken to the board(saying that they have all got cloth ears).

Another Own Goal

Quote Originally Posted by NEVTHEDEV View Post
    Sour grapes or what,he`s got a mouth he should have spoken to the board(saying that they have all got cloth ears).
    That tells you what he thinks about K. Lunt getting the job, dont blame him. Who is going to Score goals now?

Disappointing indeed, but did the Board expect any other outcome once the promised Crewe coaching role receded further over the horizon? At least his freed up wages have now provided an opportunity for Artell to do some eleventh hour recruitment. Sorry to see Lowe has left - we had better hope that our one goal per match forward line does not become even less prolific. Time for Saunders and/or Udoh to step up or ship out

As I wrote on 10th Jan.......

.."Whilst I don't particularly want him to leave, he hasn't exactly set the league alight. We can't build a team around a 38 yr old. Suppose the million to one shot happens, a 39 yr old centre forward in Lg 1??
    I'd rather he stayed, but I for one won't be shedding tears if he goes".

So, I'm not crying at all. Also agree with Itwasin, I don't blame him.

Lowe was the club Captain and made his position clear to the board, what his future ambition was. Lowe then was annoyed because nobody at Board level had the the common decency to tell him the situation with the new management team that contained no previous experience or why he was not being considered for the Assistant's job at least..

Lowe will surely know its the usual 'Jobs for the boys' club and especially where Lunt is concerned..Lowe is best out of this cosy club that has no ambition and is heading for non league while Bury are two divisions above...He has nothing to lose.

Bury ONE league above, and in the relegation places. Good chance Lowe will be back at Gresty Road next year?

Other than the fact that his new boss is on a temporary contract until the end of this season. New boss comes in after relegation....bye bye Ryan.

As expected a new manager appointed - Lee Clarke - own staff to follow. What now for Lowe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast