+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Players to ship out?

Players to ship out?

Given that barring a miracle we are not going to make the play offs, nows the time to gain a march on other clubs and plan for next season - so who do we ship out and who do we retain.

Out for me.

Butterfield
    Bent
    Thorne - cannot see him ever being fit for more than a dozen games
    Baird
    Keogh - controversial i know but he has had his stint as captain and frankly he is at best a good championship centre back who makes too many mistakes.
    Olsson
    Camara
    Russell
    Blackman

I would also include Uncle Tom Cobley and all.

Can't agree about Keogh, Swale. Crap captain but, in a poor season I'd have said the player of the year award is between him, Ince, Carson and Hughes as the best of a bad bunch. Not sure how you ship them all out...would guess there's about £15m worth there...or should be.
    Think Baird is a bit unlucky, much improved but age has to be against him. Surprised at some of your omissions...you'd actually want to keep Shackell, Bryson and Johnson then?

P.S. I'm with Colin Blunstone on miracles.
    P.P.S. Jeez...that was nearly forty five years ago, when Derby were Champions...how did that happen?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 25-02-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Anyone mad enough to buy some of our lot lol

Blackman (beg anyone to take him)
    Bryson (done imo)
    Baird (too old and goes on a free anyway)
    Bent (not good enough for a club striving for promotion, misses absolute sitters, no good scoring a worldy if he misses 5 easy one's after it)
    Thorne (totally agree, he's injury prone and needs paying off imo)
    Johnson (anyone stupid enough to take this fairy?)
    Butterfield (just not good enough, 5m quid?, so bad they haven't updated his wiki page in 9 months)
    Shackell (biggest dissapoinment of the lot, I expected more from him, waste of space and a big head, bad for morale)
    Christie (not good enough, any team with this idiot in its back 4 is not striving for top half never mind top 2)

I don't think we'll get much for them, we're gonna have to take massive losses on them, esp Johnson and Butterfield.

whoever comes in (my choice would now be Rowett) will need to get away from the 433, its been done to death, its failed and died multiple times, but gets brought back and fails again, its insanity.

Carson
    Lowe Keogh New signing New signing
    New signing
    Hughes New signing
    Ince
    Vydra Nugent.

We'd need 4 new signings for this to work imo.

But Martins on his way back... so its the good old 433 with Thorne being brough back on crutches for next season. plus I wouldn't blame Morris for tightening the purse strings, he's more than tried to get us up, and the rebuild will cost him more money.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)