+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Midweek Review....

Midweek Review....

Well a good midweek had by all... Griff after the Lasher shambles of the weekend you lot go and beat Donny top of the league so are the Cumbrians back on course. Barnsley continue to defy the odds after selling half the team and have a belting away win at Villa. Leeds and PNE win by the same score 2-1 and the Dingles not in action. The next 4 games will start to tell us whether Barnsley and PNE can gain any ground on 5th / 6th spot Leeds and Sheff Wed respectively. Here are the next 4 games with some absolute corkers mixed in them

PNE - Wigan (a) QPR (h) Fulham (a) Derby (a)
    Barnsley - Seagulls (h) Huddersfield (h) Derby (a) QPR (a)
    Leeds - Ipswich (a) Wendies (h) Brummies (a) Fulham (a)
    wendies - Florists (a) Bees (h) Leeds (a) Norwich (h)

Take your pick from that lot - what a crackin 4 match spell. dont you just love the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Well a good midweek had by all... Griff after the Lasher shambles of the weekend you lot go and beat Donny top of the league so are the Cumbrians back on course. Barnsley continue to defy the odds after selling half the team and have a belting away win at Villa. Leeds and PNE win by the same score 2-1 and the Dingles not in action. The next 4 games will start to tell us whether Barnsley and PNE can gain any ground on 5th / 6th spot Leeds and Sheff Wed respectively. Here are the next 4 games with some absolute corkers mixed in them

PNE - Wigan (a) QPR (h) Fulham (a) Derby (a)
    Barnsley - Seagulls (h) Huddersfield (h) Derby (a) QPR (a)
    Leeds - Ipswich (a) Wendies (h) Brummies (a) Fulham (a)
    wendies - Florists (a) Bees (h) Leeds (a) Norwich (h)

Take your pick from that lot - what a crackin 4 match spell. dont you just love the Championship.
    Too little too late Gards, you had two wins but didn't move up the table much if at all - there's the clue.

April is the big month lots of games to test fitness and luck - particularly for the play off contenders, lose a couple of key players and it a visit to Deepdale in the 17/8 season :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Too little too late Gards, you had two wins but didn't move up the table much if at all - there's the clue.

April is the big month lots of games to test fitness and luck - particularly for the play off contenders, lose a couple of key players and it a visit to Deepdale in the 17/8 season :-)
    We made ground on Norwich and overtook the Rams. Small steps CB small steps

14 games left so you better get striding, Derby have a game in hand on you and you have Wigan at the weekend who will be desperate to get another win, so don't expect an easy ride - I suspect you wil be back to drawing again

Its typical that the Fowls scraped another underved win against the 'bastids' Blackburn (I love that nickname, its just sooo Lancashire ).
    On what was arguably our best night of the season so far away at Villingham, we failed to gain any ground on 6th place.

14 games left for most teams, April is the month for the strong to shine and the weak to fall away - Week before the 8th April you will find me down at PNE's training ground coughing and sneezing from upwind to the players :-)

14 games left for most teams, April is the month for the strong to shine and the weak to fall away - Week before the 8th April you will find me down at PNE's training ground coughing and sneezing from upwind to the players :-)
    Had to take Motorhome to Todds at Lostock hall earlier on this week for habitation check, so caught train into Preston for a look around shops.. Went into the covered Market and had a Preston special dinner " Butter pie ,peas and gravy" .. £2. 80 ..Lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Had to take Motorhome to Todds at Lostock hall earlier on this week for habitation check, so caught train into Preston for a look around shops.. Went into the covered Market and had a Preston special dinner " Butter pie ,peas and gravy" .. £2. 80 ..Lol
    For us Lancastrians its just like Popeye eating spinach. You must feel strong as hell now food of the gods

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Its typical that the Fowls scraped another underved win against the 'bastids' Blackburn (I love that nickname, its just sooo Lancashire ).
    On what was arguably our best night of the season so far away at Villingham, we failed to gain any ground on 6th place.
    I think the Wendies are scrapping games at the moment and they are not convincing in any shape or form. Have faith Acido they are about to play some serious teams and I think thats when they are going to come undone. We both made ground on the teams directly above us thats a start to build on my Yawkshire friend. Up the Tykes and nobbers

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    I think the Wendies are scrapping games at the moment and they are not convincing in any shape or form. Have faith Acido they are about to play some serious teams and I think thats when they are going to come undone. We both made ground on the teams directly above us thats a start to build on my Yawkshire friend. Up the Tykes and nobbers
    Up the Tykes & Nobbers indeed kid, definitely
    We are the last 2 teams to win promotion to this league via the play offs and Wembley!
    I think we will be tested tomorrow against one of the 2 clear favourites Brighton (even though they are more than a little bit over rated!).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)