shopify analytics
+ Visit Aston Villa FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Apply some science Brucey

Apply some science Brucey

Shocking start to 2017. Bruce's body language, team choices, substitutes, interviews etc all make him look inept and the club idiotic / desperate to have hired him.

So I have some serious advice for him - apply some science to the new signings and analyse why you bought them here in the first place. Examples :

Hourihane. Captain and main player at Barnsley. As their manager Mr Eckythump said last night, his team are a very small tight unit with limited resources who play to the motto less is more. This obviously suits Hourihane so try and reproduce that sort of play around him at Villa.

Hogan. What were Brentford doing right to get him to score so many goals? Find out and make Villa play to his strengths.

Thor. He must have done something right to play for Basle and Iceland. Beats me what it was but find out quick.

Taylor. Bruce saw something in him for Swansea so get it reproduced around him at Villa now.

Bree. Very raw but hey anything but Hutton. How did he fit in at Barnsley?

Regarding the players who have left :

Westwood. Despite being slagged off regularly he actually did a good job for Villa but obviously lacked something (like passing forward, scoring etc). Make sure his replacements (Hourihane, Lansbury, Jedinak) add that certain something AS WELL AS fulfilling what Ashley did for us.

Ayew and Rudy. In my opinion these were serious ballsups by Bruce to get rid. We look so boring and predictable in attack without them. Get Adomah to emulate Ayew only actually pass the ball occasionally. Kodje, you are allowed to release the ball occasionally.

McCormack. F uck off, good riddance.

Bottom line to Bruce, play to the players' strengths, don't just stick them into a shape that you made up in your head 5 minutes before kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by bbvilla View Post
    Shocking start to 2017. Bruce's body language, team choices, substitutes, interviews etc all make him look inept and the club idiotic / desperate to have hired him.

So I have some serious advice for him - apply some science to the new signings and analyse why you bought them here in the first place. Examples :

Hourihane. Captain and main player at Barnsley. As their manager Mr Eckythump said last night, his team are a very small tight unit with limited resources who play to the motto less is more. This obviously suits Hourihane so try and reproduce that sort of play around him at Villa.

Hogan. What were Brentford doing right to get him to score so many goals? Find out and make Villa play to his strengths.

Thor. He must have done something right to play for Basle and Iceland. Beats me what it was but find out quick.

Taylor. Bruce saw something in him for Swansea so get it reproduced around him at Villa now.

Bree. Very raw but hey anything but Hutton. How did he fit in at Barnsley?

Regarding the players who have left :

Westwood. Despite being slagged off regularly he actually did a good job for Villa but obviously lacked something (like passing forward, scoring etc). Make sure his replacements (Hourihane, Lansbury, Jedinak) add that certain something AS WELL AS fulfilling what Ashley did for us.

Ayew and Rudy. In my opinion these were serious ballsups by Bruce to get rid. We look so boring and predictable in attack without them. Get Adomah to emulate Ayew only actually pass the ball occasionally. Kodje, you are allowed to release the ball occasionally.

McCormack. F uck off, good riddance.

Bottom line to Bruce, play to the players' strengths, don't just stick them into a shape that you made up in your head 5 minutes before kick off.
    Simple isn't it, so why can't Bruce see it?? I really rated him.