shopify analytics
+ Visit Leeds United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your starting 11

Your starting 11

Providing they're all fit and raring to go, who would you say is our best 11? Think we one of the best starting 11s in the league, but where we suffer is genuine quality in replacements in certain positions.

GK- Green
    LB- Taylor (Berardi has done well, but we've missed Taylors natural attacking threat down that left flank)
    CB- Jansson
    CB- Bartley
    RB- Ayling
    CDM- Vieira
    CDM- O'Kane
    LM- Sacko
    CAM- Hernandez
    RM- Roofe
    ST- Wood

I don't rate Bridcutt anymore, he does nothing for me, has a nice pass but cant tackle, is frequently second best in the challenge and doesn't take a grip of the game when the going gets tough. Phillips is good option to bring one when Vieira has burnt himself out after 60 minutes as well.

Can't say enough for Barrow or Pedraza yet as I've hardly seen them play, but you can't drop Roofe who for me improves with every game and Sacko who is doing exactly the same. Dallas is a good player when you need extra defensive solidity and a great option to have, but if we are playing two holding midfielders we shouldn't need to play more defensive wingers as well, plus Roofe and Sacko do track back, they're just not quite as good at it.

Uprfont, too many options but I went with Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Providing they're all fit and raring to go, who would you say is our best 11? Think we one of the best starting 11s in the league, but where we suffer is genuine quality in replacements in certain positions.

GK- Green
    LB- Taylor (Berardi has done well, but we've missed Taylors natural attacking threat down that left flank)
    CB- Jansson
    CB- Bartley
    RB- Ayling
    CDM- Vieira
    CDM- O'Kane
    LM- Sacko
    CAM- Hernandez
    RM- Roofe
    ST- Wood

I don't rate Bridcutt anymore, he does nothing for me, has a nice pass but cant tackle, is frequently second best in the challenge and doesn't take a grip of the game when the going gets tough. Phillips is good option to bring one when Vieira has burnt himself out after 60 minutes as well.

Can't say enough for Barrow or Pedraza yet as I've hardly seen them play, but you can't drop Roofe who for me improves with every game and Sacko who is doing exactly the same. Dallas is a good player when you need extra defensive solidity and a great option to have, but if we are playing two holding midfielders we shouldn't need to play more defensive wingers as well, plus Roofe and Sacko do track back, they're just not quite as good at it.

Uprfont, too many options but I went with Wood.

Bartley and Jansson are the key best combination for along time - I agree about Bridutt he doesn't impress me but isn't it good to have option now. Pedraza needs some game time and needs to get away from trying to do something impressive and play the team game. Not sure about Barrow sounded like he needs some game time as well.

When I look at the squad, there's only really centre back and lone striker we lack quality depth in, every other position has 2 players of championship quality imo

neither Bridcutt or okane for me, id of had Barton, we need some steel in there...

wouldn't change a thing on joel's list.

and yes, it's great to have the backups we have this year. some years they'd have been our star player at thier position.

Bit dissappointed with Bridcut myself this season. Top man last season though. Is he another one who turns shyte when he signs his name.

Would be happy enough with Joels team too although i think the 2 new boys will play a big part in the latter stages.

Shame about bridcutt he's been a yard off the pace since his injury. Agree with Joel's team as I said before we better team going forward with sacko and roofe but I would have berardi in. The guy is nails and the commitment every time he plays edges Taylors ability.

agree on Beradi also

Agree too!

Don't agree....

GK- Green
    LB- Berardi
    CB- Jansson
    CB- Bartley
    RB- Ayling
    CDM- Bridcutt
    CDM- O'Kane
    LM- Dallas
    CAM- Hernandez
    RM- Roofe
    ST- Wood

Think Bridcutt is still a lot better bet than Viera, O'Kane or Phillips if i'm honest - though Viera has serious potential.

Also think Pedraza will occupy the left flank in the near future as a regular once he gets games under his belt - leaving Sahko, Roofe and Dallas all vying for the right flank position.

All about opinions though eh?

Think they were agreeing with the Beradi comment tichi, and looks like you do too. You are right all about opinions and shows me that we got bit more in depth. It would be a worry maybe if we all agreed to same 11. Would show not much competition for places then starting 11 would just get complacent about their place.

Green
    Ayling
    Bartley
    Jansson
    Taylor
    Bridcutt
    Viera
    Roofe
    Dallas
    Doukara (yes really)
    Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Green
    Ayling
    Bartley
    Jansson
    Taylor
    Bridcutt
    Viera
    Roofe
    Dallas
    Doukara (yes really)
    Wood
    Actually not a bad shout that silentman - he is always underestimated - and always puts in a full shift.
    I guess that the "First choice 11" would really depend on who we were playing and where in reality

Really dont get some on here,Bridcutt makes everything happen from the way Monk has got us playing from the back, Of course there are times he will make a stray pass and we get caught but we try to play the right way now and Bridcutt is detriment to this.I watch regular and he is always available.Give me this anyday rather than hoofball whatever division we are in.Oh and by the way we are in the best position we have been in for a long time,Trust me when Bridcutt wasnt playing we won games we shouldnt have we didnt win because he wasnt playing, He hasnt been made captain for nothing he is our best midfielder by a mile at the minute...

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Really dont get some on here,Bridcutt makes everything happen from the way Monk has got us playing from the back, Of course there are times he will make a stray pass and we get caught but we try to play the right way now and Bridcutt is detriment to this.I watch regular and he is always available.Give me this anyday rather than hoofball whatever division we are in.Oh and by the way we are in the best position we have been in for a long time,Trust me when Bridcutt wasnt playing we won games we shouldnt have we didnt win because he wasnt playing, He hasnt been made captain for nothing he is our best midfielder by a mile at the minute...
    Yeah I wouldn't knock Bridcutt either, we missed him last year and he has probably been rushed back into team this season, see him as one who helps galvanize the way we play. All the players have bought in to Monk's ideals, and as a collective punching above their weight, players that can thrive on the expectancy at ER.. the type of players we have found hard to find
    The guys who are out on loan at mo I would probably offload at end of season plus Cooper, who is a reminder of the inconsistencies we have endured.
    Our potential .....we are one of the few clubs who would expect a top 8 finish in first season. However it doesn't seem that long ago that WBA were a yoyo club, now look at them through steady owners.. I'd take promotion and relegation and promotion again, rather than madcap spending....

Green ayling Taylor Bartley Jansson bridcutt okane sacko Dallas Hernandez wood

I do like berardi, he would run it close for rb, vieira and Phillips when they depped for bridcutt and okane did very well, it looks like pedraza could be a good player, and I would say roofe is slowly adapting to the rise in divisions, I was disappointed we let mowatt go and not grimes instead but it is what it is now. I think coyle and Denton could become good players but aren't quite there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't knock Bridcutt either, we missed him last year and he has probably been rushed back into team this season, see him as one who helps galvanize the way we play. All the players have bought in to Monk's ideals, and as a collective punching above their weight, players that can thrive on the expectancy at ER.. the type of players we have found hard to find
    The guys who are out on loan at mo I would probably offload at end of season plus Cooper, who is a reminder of the inconsistencies we have endured.
    Our potential .....we are one of the few clubs who would expect a top 8 finish in first season. However it doesn't seem that long ago that WBA were a yoyo club, now look at them through steady owners.. I'd take promotion and relegation and promotion again, rather than madcap spending....
    Good post mate - I think I personally would prefer not to yoyo and build steadily - I would hate to see us looking like cannon foder every week in the prem - cos when that happens and teams get relegated again it seems to have bolloxed their confidence do much that most don't go straight back up.
    I'm much happier with this season than getting stuffed every week in the premier league

Another season with some more quality added will see us go up with a decent chance of survival IMO

If we go up though im confident we will strengthen, I'm also confident we wouldn't be cannon fodder either, I think if we went up this time, we'd stay up!

It's all about opinions though Clive mate - not being pesimistic at all though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast