+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 3 down, 16 to go

3 down, 16 to go

Unbeaten run that is!
    19 unbeaten all tolled in 2012.
    Play-offs included, we have potentially 16 games to go - so why not 2017?
    Ok, we don't have the comparable quality on the pitch but we appear to have off it!

Tell you what, if we get something from Pompey in a couple of weeks (because I expect something against Stevenage next week), I'll even start to believe myself!

It would be great to see the Alex go on a long unbeaten run to revive a disappointing season and assuage all relegation worries. That said, we lack the real quality that team had in 2012 and are not good enough to go up. However, going on a run and flirting with the playoffs would be a fine way to end the season optimistically.

Damn! I mis-counted!
    We have 14 league games left meaning we'd have to go one better than 2012!
    Add to that the fact that Saturday more resembled that game at Torquay (what a day that was!), and of course that game came much later in the piece.
    Oh well, we can dream can't we?

Just to add to the similarities - we finish with a long trip to Devon against a team chasing promotion.

You were correct with the 16 games Somerset..... you included the 2 play-off games !!

However, 17 would be more accurate.

PS. And no, you cannot have any of what I am smoking !!

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingAlex View Post
    You were correct with the 16 games Somerset..... you included the 2 play-off games !!

However, 17 would be more accurate.

Very kind of you, RA, to say I was correct - but as your last point states, I can't have been!
    The Play-Off final would be game 20 (so 17 to go) if we were to go on that run.
    Anyway, I'd better stop there before anyone else starts to call me delusional.

I'll be in touch with you about our trip to Pompey.