shopify analytics

Thread: Clattenburg.

Clattenburg.

Apparently he's resigned from the Premier League and is going to Saudi Arabia. I wonder if money has anything to do with it! From a personal point of view I shall be glad to see the back of him. How he is rated so highly I do not understand. He gets far too many of the major decisions incorrect and has an arrogant attitude that 'puts my back up'. Whenever he referees there is more often than not a contentious incident. I was always under the impression that if you didn't notice the referee he's done a good job. You can never say that you don't notice Clattenburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Apparently he's resigned from the Premier League and is going to Saudi Arabia. I wonder if money has anything to do with it! From a personal point of view I shall be glad to see the back of him. How he is rated so highly I do not understand. He gets far too many of the major decisions incorrect and has an arrogant attitude that 'puts my back up'. Whenever he referees there is more often than not a contentious incident. I was always under the impression that if you didn't notice the referee he's done a good job. You can never say that you don't notice Clattenburg.
    Supposed to be the best referee in the world...there must be some right trash about if that's the case.

The arrogance of Prattenburg was always breathtaking....a "look at me" attitude the same as Jeff Winter and Graham Poll always had,the game is always about them and not the players.

Even on a Sunday morning we used to have to suffers fools with this same type of mentality,the best referees were always the down to earth blokes who'd have a laugh with you whilst officiating,if they told you to shut up and get on with it then you did because they'd gained your respect with their general attitude and jokey approach to things.

Tax inspectors,council officers and traffic wardens always made terrible refs.

Most refs strike me as the sort of blokes who were useless at football at school and spend the rest of their lives trying to get their own back on anyone who can actually kick a ball straight.

Makes me think of that smirk on his face when 'super, super Rob, super Robbie Styles' rang round the ground!

Think he could be pursuaded to take Dean and a couple of the others with him ?

Agree with all comments about Clattenburg. Easily the most arrogant incompetent buffoon ever to ref in recent years though was Uriah Reny. Absolute t@at

Those of you who played local league, did you ever come across Harry Powell? He had been an old Division 1 ref and used to wear all his EUFA badges etc. Always gave a lecture pre match that went on for 15 minutes about how he once booked Bobby Moore and George Best. Never moved outside the centre circle as he was in his 70s even then

That Tw+t Marriner. Biased sack of sh+t.