shopify analytics
+ Visit Newcastle United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark Clattenburg

Mark Clattenburg

Introduced himself to the Saudi media thusly:

I would just like to start by introducing myself. My name is Mark Clattenburg and Im from a city called Newcastle.

For anybody that knows England well, we have the best team in England, but it is in the North of England.

Always liked the fella.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport...nited-12614690

decent lad and it sounds like he has landed himself a fabulous job. trouble is more of the better refs will also start leaving and the standard will fall dramatically... can you imagine ... half the championship refs being promoted .... i mean we have seen for ourselves what they are like.

wonder if he can sell us to a saudi prince who has billions to spare and who will be content to leave the running of the club to people who know what they are doing

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    decent lad and it sounds like he has landed himself a fabulous job. trouble is more of the better refs will also start leaving and the standard will fall dramatically... can you imagine ... half the championship refs being promoted .... i mean we have seen for ourselves what they are like.
    Yikes...never thought about the knock-on effect.

wonder if he can sell us to a saudi prince who has billions to spare and who will be content to leave the running of the club to people who know what they are doing
    I'm not sure I would want that. But then again

On a sidenote, was Clattenburg ever allowed to referee any of our matches and was he automatically disqualified as a fan of ours/coming from here?

He's one of the best refs I've ever seen, that's for sure. Wonder why he's left for Saudi Arabia............oh wait

no he was never allowed to referee any of our matches. more the shame

however I reckon if he had, he would have come down hard on us just to show no favouritism.

i'm not sure i would either, unless he was a multi millionaire who was also fair

spend where necessary, enough to make us able to compoete, without going completely over the top

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    He's one of the best refs I've ever seen, that's for sure. Wonder why he's left for Saudi Arabia............oh wait
    I'm sure the did flash but he also wasn't happy with how he was treated by the Referee Association over something. Can't remember what.

To be fair, if half these refs did get promoted you'd see a lot more complaints from the top 6 as they don't get anything because they want to prove how they won't be influenced

His role over there is improve their reffing not bring others over i thought?

yes he is in charge of reffing and his remitt is to raise standards

he may not take others over, i just think others may leave tp do similar things elsewhere... the best of them anyway.

you can bet your life he isn't the only one pee'd off by the fa

however I reckon if he had, he would have come down hard on us just to show no favouritism.

i'm not sure i would either, unless he was a multi millionaire who was also fair

spend where necessary, enough to make us able to compoete, without going completely over the top
    My thoughts summed up there, to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I'm sure the did flash but he also wasn't happy with how he was treated by the Referee Association over something. Can't remember what.

To be fair, if half these refs did get promoted you'd see a lot more complaints from the top 6 as they don't get anything because they want to prove how they won't be influenced

His role over there is improve their reffing not bring others over i thought?
    I think you're right there, Jammy. I remember reading about him being unhappy/dissatisfied with something.
    I'm sure the cash is not the only influence with regards to him leaving. The PL will be poorer as a result of it.

yes he is in charge of reffing and his remitt is to raise standards

he may not take others over, i just think others may leave tp do similar things elsewhere... the best of them anyway.

you can bet your life he isn't the only one pee'd off by the fa
    Think you're right June, they'll be money coming in from China, Middle East etc.

Dont think he was allowed to ref Sunderland either

Are you sure? I remember a televised game..

They were in the tunnel waiting to come out,when Shearer flicked rolled up paper/chewing gum and hit him on the heed.
    He turned around and laughed..must have been an England game...

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Are you sure? I remember a televised game..

They were in the tunnel waiting to come out,when Shearer flicked rolled up paper/chewing gum and hit him on the heed.
    He turned around and laughed..must have been an England game...
    Or was that Howard Web???...