shopify analytics
+ Visit Sheffield United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Goal line teckers for the Championship

Goal line teckers for the Championship

If it is too be used in't Championship next season,then surely it should used in league's one and two shouldn't it? They're all Football League comps. UTB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    If it is too be used in't Championship next season,then surely it should used in league's one and two shouldn't it? They're all Football League comps. UTB
    after the premier league rod it seems all other leagues are unimportant.putting it in the champ seems to be giving the dog a little bone to keep it quiet.

No poster on here has accepted his request for a date so he's quickly gone on to boning dogs?

Must be a living in a house on wheels thing.

Trouble is H that football is now being run by television and if the big 6 in the prem league bugger off to form a european super league, they will merge whats left of prem league and the championship into two new leagues and then leagues 1 & 2 will prob be split into north and south sections like it was many distant moons ago..the football authorities have lost virtually all control of football in this country, the only power they have is to press the print button for the forthcoming seasons fixture lists....wonder if they have a working fax machine....oh they have....a carrier pigeon

I'm still firmly against all this technology. I don't want goal line hawkeye, and I don't want video refs. For me, part of the fun of football is debating whether something was a foul, or was offside or whatever. The fact that refs aren't infallible, and that decisions are sometimes wrong, makes the game more interesting to my mind.

I full admit that I'm in something of a minority there, mind. Most of the time when I say this to people they look at me gone out.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    I'm still firmly against all this technology. I don't want goal line hawkeye, and I don't want video refs. For me, part of the fun of football is debating whether something was a foul, or was offside or whatever. The fact that refs aren't infallible, and that decisions are sometimes wrong, makes the game more interesting to my mind.

I full admit that I'm in something of a minority there, mind. Most of the time when I say this to people they look at me gone out.
    I know people say luck evens out, but the incident that changed my mind was France vs Ireland and the infamous Henri 'goal'. When the Irish kicked off again the only guy in the world who didn't know conclusively that Henri had pushed the ball in with his hand was the referee. France go to the World Cup. Ireland go home. Football should be a fair contest, not based on the luck of having the officials getting it 100% right first time.