shopify analytics
+ Visit Burnley FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why are PL teams struggling in Europe

Why are PL teams struggling in Europe

To see Arsenal lose so badly, Spurs losing tonight and only three teams remaining in the Cup and two in the Europa league I wonder if we are falling down the ladder we used to dominate, despite having more money than any other league.
    Why is this though?

Most of the players are in the 100k a week Premier League comfort zone.

No hunger, no desire and happy to be where they are.

Arsenal did okay,they got the away goal ..

I think with the Arsenal owners from what I've read are happy with just qualifying for the champ league, all about the money for them , not real fans the owners more of a business. as for Spurs and man u I presume they see Europa a hindrance more that anything and maybe get asked to player at a lower tempo maybe to see the risk being less in fatigue and injury? maybe?

It could well be that the PL is just not as good as it is hyped up to be.
    Since football began in 1992/93, English clubs have been European Champions in 4 occasions, the last being Chelsea in 2011/12.
    Since then there have been two all Spanish finals, one all German and one Spain v Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    It could well be that the PL is just not as good as it is hyped up to be.
    Since football began in 1992/93, English clubs have been European Champions in 4 occasions, the last being Chelsea in 2011/12.
    Since then there have been two all Spanish finals, one all German and one Spain v Italy.
    Just as the Clarets are proving so far..

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    To see Arsenal lose so badly, Spurs losing tonight and only three teams remaining in the Cup and two in the Europa league I wonder if we are falling down the ladder we used to dominate, despite having more money than any other league.
    Why is this though?
    I don't think much has changed really, Liverpool had a period of dominance in the late 70s early 80s, but that's about it. There are nine clubs who have won more than half a dozen European competitions, Liverpool are the only English team on that list. Looks a normal year for English clubs in Europe to me.

The truth be told all the stars are in spain germany i.e worldclass players what do the prem have to offer in terms of that calibre of player? Look at Real,Barca,Athletico are packed with more than one worldclass player. How many world class players in the prem? 6 maybe at a push, and spain? Double that atleast. Germany hasnt got as many as Spanish teams but more than us. People may disagree with what i say maybe. But its what i believe from what iv seen in European comps. And just to finish off. look at the state of the english national team! Packed with Overrated players who believe their own hype.

Why are PL teams struggling in Europe

As Teclinton...there's the Money damage - can't just buy quality and expect "a" player to work miracles.
    - a team needs to gel....movements connected before they move to connect - a thought that will pass and connect, before the pass - so even if they can play great football....a team thats playing against that level of timing - later than sooner - will look like fools.