+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Town a team with a clear identity and a budget similar to Rotherham

Perhaps the few million we might have should be invested in an academy, a youth policy, training facilities and a good manager - Warnock plus the Lincoln duo in tandem) who are here for the long term. Employ a good youth academy coach (Redfearn) and be patient for a few years. That could get us into the Championship and maintain us there.

No chance of Premier, too much money needed and we'll never ever have that. But to be a mid table club you do not necessarily need an owner of the Chinese or Russian persuasion. It would help but this is Rotherham. Hardly a celubrious place to attract Premiership investment and will never have that sort of fan base.

Go Academy, invest in it and reap the rewards. Simples.

Agree with that philosophy

They spent more money and did their business early.

They also stuck by their plan where we screwed up the plan and threw our season into chaos. Shot ourselves in the foot at a time when the Chairman should have proved the fans wrong and had the strength of his convictions.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    They spent more money and did their business early.

They also stuck by their plan where we screwed up the plan and threw our season into chaos. Shot ourselves in the foot at a time when the Chairman should have proved the fans wrong and had the strength of his convictions.
    He couldn't force Warnock to stay

Naw then Frog - have you seen the post that said:

"Someone might kill me a NYS"

Not an official complaint but a worrying escalation of remarks against someone who doesn't against agree with the MM intelligencia. Can't even remember who said it but should anything happen to me - just mention it to South Yorkshire Police as even they might be interested.

Naw then Frog - have you seen the post that said:

"Someone might kill me a NYS"

Not an official complaint but a worrying escalation of remarks against someone who doesn't against agree with the MM intelligencia. Can't even remember who said it but should anything happen to me - just mention it to South Yorkshire Police as even they might be interested.
    Not seen it lbj. That sort of threat has to be flagged straight away.

Even sounds like South Yorkshire Police - just harmless banter I suppose...

We'll see.....and I got a yellow for using capital letters....

Even sounds like South Yorkshire Police - just harmless banter I suppose...

We'll see.....and I got a yellow for using capital letters....
    Can't do anything about it unless you tell me where it is! I don't read everything! That's why there is a complaints button!

So last season we had a turnover of £13 million and a wage bill of £8.8million.
    Both of which are likely to be greater this year.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Not as simpla as that though is it?, we all want to be winners, but the realists among us 'realise' that to compete we put ourselves in danger of massive debt.
    I for one, would rather be an also ran and have a club to support, than gamble on the off chance we succeeded in that gamble.(unless, of course, there's a chinese billionaire willing to blow a few million on us!)
    That's just it though,for the majority of the time,football clubs are also ran's ect,when a little bit of success comes our way,we just have to enjoy the moment,however the fans expectations have been raised to the clouds,and that is where the problem lies.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast