+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Town a team with a clear identity and a budget similar to Rotherham

Huddersfield Town a team with a clear identity and a budget similar to Rotherham

So we both have a similar budget...and until recently, we did have the same mantra of being happy to just be in the championship. So what changed, was it the appointment of Wagner or the head of recruitment who chose Wagner.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...on-candidates/

12m a year??? WOW!

Thanks fc. A good read that.

Our wage bill is nowhere near £12m so that's a misnomer straight off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Our wage bill is nowhere near £12m so that's a misnomer straight off the bat.

Isn't £12m their turnover?

A wage bill just under 12 million, about double ours at a guess.

Still, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Tbf Huddersfield have done brilliant as even at 12 million it will be one of the lower budgets in this league.

Good luck to them.

[QUOTE=rileyev.the.third;38437992]A wage bill just under 12 million, about double ours at a guess.

Still, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Tbf Huddersfield have done brilliant as even at 12 million it will be one of the lower budgets in this league.

Good luck to them.
    Agree with that pal,and when you see Huddersfield doing so well,it gives us that little bit of hope that it can happen to us also.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    So we both have a similar budget...and until recently, we did have the same mantra of being happy to just be in the championship. So what changed, was it the appointment of Wagner or the head of recruitment who chose Wagner.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...on-candidates/
    How anyone can actually believe this crap is unreal, our turnover isn't £12 million never mind the wage bill...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    How anyone can actually believe this crap is unreal, our turnover isn't £12 million never mind the wage bill...
    I didn't read the telegraph report,i just look at Huddersfield and think,maybe one day.

Quote Originally Posted by dmentor View Post
    I didn't read the telegraph report,i just look at Huddersfield and think,maybe one day.
    Yeh, i'm jealous as well to be honest!!

I don't know if there's anything more recent than this but according to the accounts for year ending 31/12/2014:

Rotherham United
    Turnover £11 million
    Wages and salaries £4.8 million
    Pre tax profit £167k

Huddersfield Town
    Turnover £10.8 million
    Wages and salaries £11.8 million
    Pre tax loss £6.8 million

So at that time Huddersfield were paying more in salaries than their total turnover which can't be sustainable without additional finance.
    I wonder if their situation is similar now?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast