+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Town a team with a clear identity and a budget similar to Rotherham

That's the price of success in this league!

Considering that they did cheap season tickets this season I wouldn't have thought it will have improved that much.

And surely it should be pronounced Vagner as in Richard rather than Wagner as in Robert.

Richard not Robert
    Richard not Robert
    Richard not Robert

Sorry.

Huddersfield's owner has big bucks; he sold that Card Factory for around £350m, or so I'm led to believe.

We don't compare to Huddersfield in many ways in my opinion. I still think we are lucky to be in the Championship. The squad that brought us up is better than the squad we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by royalfunkness View Post
    Huddersfield's owner has big bucks; he sold that Card Factory for around £350m, or so I'm led to believe.

We don't compare to Huddersfield in many ways in my opinion. I still think we are lucky to be in the Championship. The squad that brought us up is better than the squad we have now.
    Yes it was miles better.

I for one did not believe TS when he came out with that statement, and purposely left off the '!' to see what others thought.
    According to 2015 wage bills, Huddersfield were closer to Weds,
    https://www.insidermedia.com/insider...bill-tops-500m

How much debt do they have compared to us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    How much debt do they have compared to us ?
    At the end of 2014 Huddersfield's net debt was £37.4 million whereas ours was "not stated."
    Huddersfield's owner, Dean Hoyle, has loaned £37 million to the club since taking over in April 2008. Rotherham United had a loan of £172k owed to ASD at the end of 2014.
    Significantly, Huddersfield's wage bill of £11.8million at the end of 2014 was £1 million more than their total turnover. Our wage bill was some £7 million less than theirs.
    So although the turnovers of the two clubs may be similar, just about everything else is poles apart.
    Huddersfield seem to be adopting a risky financial strategy in an attempt to get to the promised land but presumably their owner is able to bankroll their situation.
    Our owner consistently takes a frugal approach to finances which means the club is free of debt but simply can not compete in the Championship.
    It's possible that there could be two divisions between the clubs next season but the Telegraph's statement that they are operating with similar budgets is patently untrue.

That's what I was hinting at mellow.

If it works it's worth it but if not well don valley springs to mind.

As soon as you start reading you can tell its rubbish comparing them to us.

As it's been said their wage budget is probably double ours, they spend more on transfers, they have a director of football who held the same position at Liverpool so he will also be on a fortune in wages, they have clubs like Man City approaching them to send players on loan and they average over 20,000 at home.

Other than that yeh, they are just like us.

Suppose it's all down to whether you want to be a winner or an also ran !

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast