+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Phipps

Phipps

Anybody familiar with or have any views about the lad who is on trial?

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Sorry Q165...the only Phipps I know of used to ba a Phipps special mild...that was pretty good...

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    He's supposed to have good technique, he's quick and has a decent build.

Other than that there's supposed to be a few other clubs interested in him.

That could be Non League manager speak for 'we need some money so hurry up before we get it from someone else' though.

Quite chuffed we still appear to be scouting the lower leagues to be honest.

Reckon there's some gems to be had.

Not everybody has to cost skywards of 10,000,000.

If he comes in and does well then jobs a good 'un.

Could end up being hard on others who've been with our academy if he makes it, but football's a cut throat business.

If others were deemed good enough in his role we wouldn't have needed to scout him.

Still, first things first as he's only on trial for the mo'.

We had that lad from Stourbridge on trial recently too, but he wasn't good enough and signed for blose.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Sorry Q165...the only Phipps I know of used to ba a Phipps special mild...that was pretty good...

Hi GLM, I've been a beer drinker, mild and bitter, for nearly 60 years but have never come across Phipps's, where is it from?

It's the noise people make after they drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    Hi GLM, I've been a beer drinker, mild and bitter, for nearly 60 years but have never come across Phipps's, where is it from?
    Northampton.

Long way to go for a pint Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Long way to go for a pint Dan.
    Morning Des'.

Went to the Beacon Hotel over Sedgeley to sample the Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild on spec' a couple of years ago.

I ventured over from Erdington via the buses.

Would 've been quicker going to Northampton on the train .

On the plus side the Ruby Mild was lovely .

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    Hello BB Tony used to be brewed in Northampton taken over by Steward and Patterson, can't remember the date but their Special Mild was phased out in favour of S&P's own brand.

http://www.phipps-nbc.co.uk/6.html

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Morning Des'.

Went to the Beacon Hotel over Sedgeley to sample the Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild on spec' a couple of years ago.

I ventured over from Erdington via the buses.

Would 've been quicker going to Northampton on the train .

On the plus side the Ruby Mild was lovely .

Dan, chap came into our local the other night, he had cuts and grazes over his face. He said he had gone to the Beacon Hotel and had a few drinks and then decided to pick an argument with the pavement when he came out.
    Never again he said.
    Ruby Mild IS nice but should only be drunk under advisement. They usually refuse to serve you any more if they think you have had enough.

Who is this Phipps guy?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Dan, chap came into our local the other night, he had cuts and grazes over his face. He said he had gone to the Beacon Hotel and had a few drinks and then decided to pick an argument with the pavement when he came out.
    Never again he said.
    Ruby Mild IS nice but should only be drunk under advisement. They usually refuse to serve you any more if they think you have had enough.

Who is this Phipps guy?
    Myles Phipps. Plays for Paget Rangers (I think)